lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 EZ Go not moving

ok , the Pot you have is a PB-16. The cart only requires a PB-6. If I remember correctly, the difference between the 2 is that the extra set of wires leads to the double micro for half speed reverse (completely un-needed which is why I said to ignore the spare pair of wires). as for the reverse buzzer sounding, I honestly have no idea unless you are hooking them up wrong (no offense, it happens to everyone).

your cart does not have a "pedal micro" per say..... on the TXT model, E-Z-GO installs a micro in the pedal box. On your Marathon model, there is no pedal box. The closest thing you have to a "pedal micro" is the micro located on the Pot box.

As for a fuse, unless someone added it aftermarket (and I didn't see one in your pics), there isn't one on this cart. Many times, when people install an aftermarket controller (for more speed/torque), they install a fuse (usually on the ground side). Alltrax for example, requires that you install a fuse that is appropriate based on the controller size you choose to install.

What you have is a nice, solid Marathon model E-Z-GO...... relax, there are no hidden monsters in the closet. It's old school, and it weighs a ton, but I own one myself and it has been a rock solid piece of transportation for years. Granted, mine has better electronics than cam ewith it initially, but once the upgrade bug bites you, you too will come to enjoy that solid beast.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
wpoohwatson
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1993 EZ Go not moving - IT's FIXED!

WOO HOO

Thank you everyone, I fixed it! It was the microswitch on the potentimeter! The only problem that is left is when I hook up the two wires from the potentiometer to the fnr switch is still has a continuous alarm. If anyone could help me identify what I might need to look at I would really appreciate it. I did check the wiring and it looks like I have it hooked up correctly. BTW - this forum is awesome and thank you to everyone for answering my "newbie questions"!
wpoohwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
wpoohwatson
Not Yet Wild

oh, Raibbtreborn - THANK YOU for all of the explanations! It is great to know exaclty what I have now. I'll take another look at the half speed reverse wiring, I am sure I have something wrong there. Again, THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Honestly, you REALLY don't WANT the half speed reverse hooked up. Too many times I have seen people get stuck because they couldn't get full power in reverse.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #15
wpoohwatson
Not Yet Wild

k, I actually found what I wired wrong and I have it working in half speed reverse, but I am taking your advice and leaving it unhooked. Thanks again for all of your help, this has been a great forum and thank you to everyone for the help and advice. I have learned so much more tha I ever thought I would about golf carts and how they work!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO