lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speedy Link?

........or they may just reach under the cart, pull it off in less then a second and sell it for half the price.......
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
charmart
Not Yet Wild

The CC dealer wanted $140 to program code 4. They wanted me to haul my cart to them to read a code in the cart, and then bring it back in 1-2 weeks to program it once CC sent them the code. The closest CC dealer was 1.5 hours away.
I got the Speedy Link for $110 on Ebay and got the same 19+ MPH speed. It seems that the Speedy Link just bypasses the computer speed restrictions and allows the cart to reach 19+ MPH. It seems to also remove the motor brake which is a big bonus. I havn't had it very long, but it works great. Note: It doesn't increase the acceleration, you would need an after-market motor swap for that, but it keeps accelerating until it hits top speed.
charmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #13
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
Just wait a little longer, as it is listed on some sites at 149, but it is now "on sale" 119.00, soon it will be 99, then 89. Its only a couple of connectors, I dont really think it needed some aero space guy to develope it.
i don't have one so i have no way of testing this... im guessing the motor reads rotation by means of a hall effect sensor. if the frequency output by the sensor is cut in half, the esc will always think it's going half as fast as it really is. this can be accomplished by using a D type flip-flop as a frequency divide by two counter. in other words, a $0.50 chip with no software programming required. again, just a guess...
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cou1.jpg (23.3 KB, 76 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
i don't have one so i have no way of testing this... im guessing the motor reads rotation by means of a hall effect sensor. if the frequency output by the sensor is cut in half, the esc will always think it's going half as fast as it really is. this can be accomplished by using a D type flip-flop as a frequency divide by two counter. in other words, a $0.50 chip with no software programming required. again, just a guess...
-sj
You're on the right track. It's a sensor that emits pulses. 4 pulses per revolution to be exact. This is how the controller senses speed via the speed sensor. When the speed setting of the controller is adjusted, this simply tells the controller to allow for more speed before it starts to slow the vehicle down. Speed setting 4 allows for 19.6MPH with 18X8.50X8 golf car tires. However, what most people don't realize is that this isn't a true ripoff due to the fact that Club Car bills the dealer lots of money to actually get the combination to unlock the 4th setting.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #15
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

hmm... well now i really want a precident as i enjoy a good haxoring challenge!

it would be interesting to sniff the data passed from the programmer to the cart during the upgrade process! are the codes one time use and serial number specific? or do the dealers have to buy the programmer / license and can use on any cart? i need a part-time job at the local cc dealership!

im pretty sure the low-tech solution i mentioned would work if the signal is TTL level. what im not sure about is how it would affect throttle response. ie: might make it terribly touchy... idk. if the speedylink is µC based, he could have easily integrated a on/off switch &/or a tuning knob.

interesting stuff! wish i had one so i could tinker!
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
hmm... well now i really want a precident as i enjoy a good haxoring challenge!

it would be interesting to sniff the data passed from the programmer to the cart during the upgrade process! are the codes one time use and serial number specific? or do the dealers have to buy the programmer / license and can use on any cart? i need a part-time job at the local cc dealership!

im pretty sure the low-tech solution i mentioned would work if the signal is TTL level. what im not sure about is how it would affect throttle response. ie: might make it terribly touchy... idk. if the speedylink is µC based, he could have easily integrated a on/off switch &/or a tuning knob.

interesting stuff! wish i had one so i could tinker!
-sj
You don't have to have a Precedent for this... Any IQ system will work... be it DS or Precedent. The codes are controller specific, random draw. Every controller has a certain 3 digit combination with no kind of pattern. The low-tech solution you're referring to is probably exactly what speedylink is doing. They're reducing the frequency and "fooling" the controller into thinking it's going slower than it really is. Throttle response is not effected by the speed sensor in any sort.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #17
EasyDoesItCustoms
Not Yet Wild

Tahoe, Does the replacement magnets work in the same way?

Thanks in advance, Mike
EasyDoesItCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesItCustoms View Post
Tahoe, Does the replacement magnets work in the same way?

Thanks in advance, Mike
I don't see why not but I've never seen anywhere to buy them separately.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
EasyDoesItCustoms
Not Yet Wild

There is a company in Indiana that sells them. Thanks again
EasyDoesItCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #20
wienerdog
Not Yet Wild

I have a speedy link on my cart and I find that it really shortens the Battery life between charges. Has anyone found this to be the case?
wienerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car