lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #31
turbotbirds
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Removing Drive Clutch

Thanks for the welcome, this is a great site and I have found lots of great info. I've been looking for a while, and love the info the community gives. That is good info about the years and what bolt thread it uses!

I guess I should have clarified, it would be great if Scotty would modify his post to include the years that are left hand so that suckers like me that don't read the entire thread see it sooner than later, LOL.

When I google searched the topic, this thread came up on the top hits!
turbotbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #32
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Sadly, BGW members have maybe a 2 hour window to edit their posts, so Scotty can't go back and edit it!
That's pretty much why I tried to clarify things!
and... hopefully the next person looking for the answer to your same question will read through far enough to see what I posted!

Whoops!... Welcome to BGW John!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #33
pgagreg
Not Yet Wild

Here's a trick from the snowmobile world - will only work in winter or in a giant freezer.

remove clutch bolt, tip cart on side, fill hole with water, wrap bolt with pipe tape and thread in snug - when the water freezes it will expand and pop the clutch off :)
pgagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #34
Capt.Jack
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Club car makes a puller tool for this. you can buy one online for about 30 dollars. It will make life vary easy for you. I have also before when I didn't own the tool jammed wedges behind the clutch and got it off that way, but you will most likely damage the clutch and need a new one. as for the grease fitting idea it might work. I would just go for the wedges personally.
Capt.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #35
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

I once had a clutch puller break smooth off in the clutch! Was a customers cart and I didn't know what to do. I used the 2x4 method to remove the clutch. Sprayed the shaft down and let it sit overnight. Took a 2x4 and banged all around the clutch (not too hard!). After a ton of sweat and nerves, it finally popped off. Had to send the clutch to a machine shop to get the broken puller out of the clutch.

After that, I bought the highest grade puller I could find. Never wanted my puller to break off in the clutch again!
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #36
Sledcart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Harbor Freight universal Wheel puller $12.00. works fine.
Sledcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #37
Stone
Gone Wild

Old threads need love too:)

After reading this thread and having a few chuckles, I have a couple questions.

1. Can anyone tell me if my 86 Marathon clutch bolt is left or right handed threads?

2. Can anyone tell me the exact bolt size to pull the clutch? I went to Tractor Supply and bought 4 grade 8 bolts in preparation to pull the clutch but am not going to be able to do it for a while and would like to return all but the one I will ultimately need.

3. How do I avoid damaging the female threads for the clutch bolt with the puller rod?
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #38
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Read through this thread. I made mine from bolts from TSC and the bolt sizes are in my reply.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ch-puller.html
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #39
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

He's asking about an EZ-GO clutch villebacker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
1. Can anyone tell me if my 86 Marathon clutch bolt is left or right handed threads?
and to be honest? I don't know!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #40
deestes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I used hydraulic pressure to pull mine, tipped it up, filled with oil, thread taped the bolt, and ran it in... Popped right off
deestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car