lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
70cambgblk
Not Yet Wild

Default 1983 ez go speed controller contacts sparking

I have a 1983 ez go electric resistor cart. I put all new batteries and all new 4 gauge wiring in it. I also replaced the 5 copper contacts on the speed control board. Now when you press the pedal, the contacts are sparking and actually fusing the moving contact causing the go pedal to stick. Any idea on what could be causing this and what I could do to fix it?
70cambgblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #2
jimmyhar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1983 ez go speed controller contacts sparking

I'm having the same problem with my 1988 Ez-Go. when mine does this it burns the board making it soft so it will not hold the contacts straight and level with the other contacts, so I have to replace the board every time this happens.
I hope someone out there can answer your question and help both of us , good luck
jimmyhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1983 ez go speed controller contacts sparking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyhar View Post
I'm having the same problem with my 1988 Ez-Go. when mine does this it burns the board making it soft so it will not hold the contacts straight and level with the other contacts, so I have to replace the board every time this happens.
I hope someone out there can answer your question and help both of us , good luck
Did you post an original post? This one is seven years + old.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO