lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Help with decision on purchase of a "Drive"

I am fairly new to golf carts and looking at purchasing a used cart for our lakelot and around our property. I have been looking at primarily gas carts but a 2008 Drive has came up for 1500.00. It still has the original batteries, the owner states it is currently being used and has no problems doing 18 rounds of golf. I have read all the pro's and cons of electric or gas. I am just concerned as I am fairly knowledgeable of gasoline engines but not really comfortable with the 12volt motors.
I have considered making this purchase and if I am not happy with it trading or selling for a profit and trying something else.
So if you can supply any pro's or cons of this cart I would appreciate it. Thanks
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
purplewg
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help with decision on purchase of a "Drive"

I am not all that familiar with the drive but I think the price is decent. I prefer the electric cart over the gas for a couple reasons. For me, little to no maintenance, no constant tweaking of a gas motor to keep it running good, quiet for hunting, and fun to play with. There is enough experts on here (myself not included) that can help you out with any electric problems you might have. I'm an old gear-head but I have certainly enjoyed building up the GF's G22 and will start on my EZ GO next. I think you would enjoy the cart.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
ninershawn2418
Gone Wild

Club Car

great price on that cart they wholesale here in delaware 1350.
ninershawn2418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the replies, I have purchased the cart and I am happy at this point. Now time to save up for some mods.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha