lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Club Car Won't Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I think you've narrowed your problem down to the MCOR, as for the sparking, try unplugging the TOW switch completely from the wire harness and see if it sparks. I've seen them short internally and cause arcing like you speak of. If it makes the sparking stop, replace the tow switch. If it doesn't, let me know.
..........thank you david................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #12
Steve bass man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What do I need to check when having this same issue only the cart stopped when wife was pulling in driveway. I came home 10 minutes later and pulled it right in. Next time it moved 6 inches and hasn't done anything since. The MCOR clicks but the solenoid doesn't. I am thinking bad solenoid. Which test should I do?
Steve bass man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Check battery pack voltage first. Make sure it's fully charged, and make sure all the battery connections are clean and tight.

Jack the rear wheels of the cart up off the ground. (so it can't drive off while testing) Key On, F/R switch in F, press the pedal just until you hear the small click from the throttle switch. The Solenoid you should be able to hear and feel it click pretty loud.
If it doesn't click use a voltmeter to check voltage at the small terminals of the solenoid. Blue wire should have 48V with the Key On. Red meter probe on the Blue wire, Black meter probe on the Blue w/ white stripe. Press the throttle and you should get 48V across the small terminals. If you get 48v across, but No click, tap the solenoid a couple times with a wooden or plastic handle and see if it will click.
If you get 48v, but no click, remove the Blue/White stripe wire from the solenoid, set your meter to Ohms and see if there is resistance across the small terminals of the solenoid. If it reads O.L or 0 the solenoid has failed and needs to be replaced.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car