lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
mkaitner
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart will not hold a charge after electrical short

I am installing a Datel Volt Meter on my 09 48v RXV. I used the factory wiring harness behind the dash. Both my Sperry Voltmeter and my Datel Volt Meter read 50.6 after the cart was charged overnight. While cutting the plug off the factory wiring harness to make a direct connection with the Datel Voltmeter, I accidently cut the wire while the key was switched on and had a short(sparks). I turned the key off and installed the meter. When turning key back on my meter now reads 46.2 and my cart will not move in forward or reverse. When I put it on the charger, the meter immediately came up to high 50's and my charger showed my cart to be fully charged. When disconnecting the charger my voltmeter immediately plummeted back to 46 and my cart will not move in forward or reverse. Any ideas gents? Thanks in advance.
mkaitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cart will not hold a charge after electrical short

As you got sparks I can assume you didn't have the cart in TOW mode ??

There should be a fuse holder under a cap attached to the front of the controller cover. Put it in TOW mode with key off first and disconnect a main battery cable. Then check the fuse. If you are lucky a blown fuse is all the issue you have.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
mkaitner
Not Yet Wild

You are correct. Unfortunately, I did not have it in tow mode. I'll try this out and hope for the best.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
mkaitner
Not Yet Wild

I checked the fuse at the controller and it's fine. All of my batteries read 12.7. The battery pack reads 50.8. I have power across the solenoid. I checked power at the charge port and its only reading 28.2. I obviously blew something in the controller of wiring harness. Anyone else have any ideas short of me taking it somewhere and having them hopefully diagnose it with a handheld?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you mean the charge port as in where you plug in the charger, that goes directly to the batteries on mine.. May want to chase those wires.. You may also want to pull the plastic cover off and do some inspecting.. TOW first
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO