lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Shawn8202
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 92 Club Car DS questions

Hello,

I am a first timer and I appreciate have a few questions if I may.

1. I am reading that a 36V will lack power and have various issues when lifted and with a back seat. How can I remedy this problem? (I have a 6inch lift with 22" tires that are about to be installed)

2. What is involved with a change from 36V to 48V. Is it as simple as switching from 6volt to 8volt batteries? Is there any real benefit to making the switch?

3. I may add a radio with small speakers. Any additional equipment need to be added to allow for the extra power draw?

Thanks a lot and I appreciate any feedback !

Shawn
Upstate NY
Shawn8202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Cartaholic

Default Re: 92 Club Car DS questions

I'm a noob to this site as well even though I've been reading as much as I can about the questions you just asked. I wanted to suscribe to hear what the experts say...
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn8202 View Post
Hello,

I am a first timer and I appreciate have a few questions if I may.

1. I am reading that a 36V will lack power and have various issues when lifted and with a back seat. How can I remedy this problem? (I have a 6inch lift with 22" tires that are about to be installed)

2. What is involved with a change from 36V to 48V. Is it as simple as switching from 6volt to 8volt batteries? Is there any real benefit to making the switch?

3. I may add a radio with small speakers. Any additional equipment need to be added to allow for the extra power draw?

Thanks a lot and I appreciate any feedback !

Shawn
Upstate NY
First off, to each of you, WELCOME to BGW!
Here are some answers:
1) I would either upgrade your cart to 48v or sell your current cart and buy a 48 cart. 36v will not handle extra weight and lift very well.

2) it is not as easy as switching batts. You must get a new controller and solenoid and F & R switch I believe, but 36v motors run quite well on 48 volts, so you don't need a new motor.

3) you will need either a voltage reducer or separate 12v battery to power the radio
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Shawn8202
Getting Wild
Club Car

Jake,

Thank you for the information. I will look into upgrading the electrical system to switch to 48volts. I only hope its not a huge expense and I am glad I asked the question BEFORE I purchased 6 volt batteries.

Thank you !!

Shawn
Shawn8202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn8202 View Post
Jake,

Thank you for the information. I will look into upgrading the electrical system to switch to 48volts. I only hope its not a huge expense and I am glad I asked the question BEFORE I purchased 6 volt batteries.

Thank you !!

Shawn
You should contact Scottyb on here. He actually sells conversion kits that have everything you need.
Here's his web page: cartsunlimited.net
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car