lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2Five speedometer

I have been thinking that for awhile, and i have mentioned the idea to alltrax too, they didn't seem too interested. Just got into "raspberry pi", i will soon be looking into those options on my own. Look up "raspberry pi", the limit is the sky. (touchscreen- can do, plenty of processor power, usb- built in, hdmi- built in, runs Linux). Now i gotta convince Alltrax to do (or allow others to do) a Linux version of ControllerPro. I am not looking for anything that is not already included in ControllerPro. Curtis has "EnGauge", why shouldn't alltrax have something similar.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have a neighbor who could bang one out in a week (plus commissioning and tweaking) if I buy the hardware. Trouble is, he already works 60 or more hours a week, so it would take more than a 12 pack to get it done. He does industrial automation, and all I want is a single page that displays all parameters. It could maybe have a start and stop button for data-logging, with a USB port to dump the file to a laptop, where you could play with it in Excel, or OpenOffice.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
cgtech

Yamaha

CORRECTION! - I tested this on a Curtis powewed rxv this morning, IT DID NOT WORK CORRECTLY. more testing will be needed. Maybe the original fuel gauge needs to be disconnected. Im nit sure, it may only be for Danaher controllers, we will see.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #24
ctbluml
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hello All, I own a 2012 RXV and purchased the speedo kit. Did anyone get this to work? cgtech, when you beta tested this did it work? I hooked it all up and the speedo is flashing empty and the speed is not reading. The part numbers I have match what is in here. I wonder if I got a bum speedo or wrong harness. Help would be much appreciated. Sorry to bring this back up...I seen the date.
ctbluml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

What color is the heat shield behind the tow/run switch under the seat. no removal of anything is required to see this, just flip up the seat. If its black, then you have a curtis controller, i have not gotten it to work with curtis controller. If its raw aluminum color, then you have a danaher controller and it should be working.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #26
ctbluml
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like I have the bummer black heat shield Is there a wire diagram for what wire is what (colors)? Or, don't even bother messing with it?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #27
cgtech

Yamaha

I think the communication scheme is different (proprietary to curtis). It still powers up, but does not establish communication. All info on the display is whatever the controller decides it is, including state of charge. You could try taking the 4 T-27 torx screws out of the dash, pulling the dash back, and disconnecting the dash mounted "gas gauge" to see if it works for you. I know some 2five's are fussy about having the handheld plugged in while the gauge is plugged in (weird readings on handheld). That is sort of a different topic, but you could try it and it wouldn't hurt anything to try.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #28
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbluml View Post
Looks like I have the bummer black heat shield Is there a wire diagram for what wire is what (colors)? Or, don't even bother messing with it?
Its only a bummer in some ways, the curtis is much more programmable. And you can get any error codes and programming options with a much more widely available handheld that anyone can buy.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #29
ctbluml
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

what is the best/cheapest handheld programmer....ya as you can tell I'm new to this.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #30
ctbluml
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It wouldn't be a problem to leave the wire harness hooked up to the run plug and disconnect the speedometer and hook the original state of charge gage would it? I hooked the speedo up and disconnected the state of charge gage and it still doesn't work. But I would like to leave the harness in just in case down the road somebody figures out how to make it work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO