lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Couldn't resist a $500 club

Ran across a club for $500. Couldn't pass it up for the price. She needed a little elbow grease in the cleaning dept. but other than that? Has 2 year old batts, 91 model 36v series, cleaned, painted the ugly brown dash n seat backs black, front roof support black, pinstripe & $358 rear flip flop & light kit. Haven't got to the lights yet.. Here's where I'm at w it..... Honest opinions what's it worth? Can i get my money back out of it? Guess what I'm asking is $850 a fair price to ask if I sell it to a camping buddy? Last thing I need is a third cart........

muscle_cars_only is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Couldn't resist a $500 club

I think you did well, provided it runs right and there are no charger issues. I'd could sell carts like that ALL DAY LONG here in WV for $1500! One thing I'd modify for aesthetic improvement would be those rear roof supports. They seem a little, ummm..... tall...

Last edited by 93yellowclubcar; 07-31-2013 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Proofreading-always do it...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

By the way, is that a 7.3 Ford I spy in front of that fifth wheel?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea. Nobody was supposed to notice the roof!! ;). Planned on lowering them, I'm waiting for another set of hands so I can lower it and drill new holes.... Everything works great on it.. From what I've been reading these resistor carts are darn near bullet proof..
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
By the way, is that a 7.3 Ford I spy in front of that fifth wheel?
Yessir... Sure is!! The truck that I can't seem to get rid of. Twice I decided I wanted a new truck and twice the new ones left.... I love it... She's got 270k on her and darn near all of those miles are hauling miles( either the gooseneck car hauler w/two cars in it or that 16k empty weight 5ver.).
Old 07-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_cars_only View Post
From what I've been reading these resistor carts are darn near bullet proof..
An almost exact quote by me made to another member a few days back! These carts are simple to work on and diagnose if something does go wrong, I love em! Not real fast like a solid state cart can be, but generally they have more in the torque department. (Meaning decent burnouts for a stock cart ) Does yours have a V-glide and single solenoid or a bank of 5 solenoids?

Those were the best diesel trucks ford ever made, I know guys who didn't need new trucks who went out and bought some of the last 7.3s when Ford announced the end just so they'd have a truck they knew would last. 270k? Just getting broke in.

Last edited by 93yellowclubcar; 07-31-2013 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: saw truck info
Old 07-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
tennesseetoy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I would say $1000 minimum even to great friend. Cart is worth at least 1200 EASY
tennesseetoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It's got the Vglide and single solenoid...

Tenn- I didn't buy it to make money, looked like a solid cart and figured if I can put some $$ into it and sell it to a friend for what I have into it and cheaper than what can be found it would be a win win... I'm not looking to make $$ off it, I'd rather sell it to a friend for what I have into it. I enjoy tinkering and working on different things....
Old 07-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_cars_only View Post
It's got the Vglide and single solenoid...

Tenn- I didn't buy it to make money, looked like a solid cart and figured if I can put some $$ into it and sell it to a friend for what I have into it and cheaper than what can be found it would be a win win... I'm not looking to make $$ off it, I'd rather sell it to a friend for what I have into it. I enjoy tinkering and working on different things....
Vglide and single solenoid is, IMO, the better setup. The system is smoother accelerating and there are 4 less $40 a piece solenoids to fail and leave you stuck. I know you don't want to make money on it, makes me wish there were a few guys like you near where i live, but its a REALLY good looking cart and it sounds solid. At $1000 you'd be being EXTREMELY generous, even to a friend. Oh, post pics when you get it done, we all love pics!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #10
anix
Getting Wild

Nice Firebird...69?
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car