lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 AM   #31
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edarien View Post
So what do you mean 'Trojan black box'? Are they they the same as say a T105?

Edarien
Trojan makes an economy line of batteries for retailers to put their own label on.
The battery case is black plastic rather than the maroon plastic used for batteries sold under the Trojan label.
There may be internal differences also.

The 6V Trojan black box is a 210AH battery, so it would be more comparable to the 210AH T-605 than the 225AH T-105, but I'm not sure if is exactly the same as a T-605 in all electrochemical and physical aspects.

The 8V Trojan black box is a 160AH battery, so it would be comparable to T-860.

I don't know if they make a 12V black box, or not.

Basically, it is a good economy grade battery, however, it is an economy grade battery and will not provide the cart with the range of standard grade or premium grade batteries, nor will the life expectancy be as long as those of higher AH batteries.

------------
richieap is building a 8 x 6V battery pack, so using economy grade batteries will still provide about 23% more range and life expectancy than a standard 36V (6 X 6V)battery pack. Higher AH batteries would give more of each, but at a much higher cost.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #32
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Trojan makes an economy line of batteries for retailers to put their own label on.
The battery case is black plastic rather than the maroon plastic used for batteries sold under the Trojan label.
There may be internal differences also.

The 6V Trojan black box is a 210AH battery, so it would be more comparable to the 210AH T-605 than the 225AH T-105, but I'm not sure if is exactly the same as a T-605 in all electrochemical and physical aspects.

The 8V Trojan black box is a 160AH battery, so it would be comparable to T-860.

I don't know if they make a 12V black box, or not.

Basically, it is a good economy grade battery, however, it is an economy grade battery and will not provide the cart with the range of standard grade or premium grade batteries, nor will the life expectancy be as long as those of higher AH batteries.

------------
richieap is building a 8 x 6V battery pack, so using economy grade batteries will still provide about 23% more range and life expectancy than a standard 36V (6 X 6V)battery pack. Higher AH batteries would give more of each, but at a much higher cost.

we will see how these perform , my buddy has had them in his cart for 2 years now ,no complaints yet
richieap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #33
pat5000
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I installed eight 6volt T-105 Trojan 225 Ahr batteries under the seat 3/17/2014 on my 2013 Yamaha Drive PTV with upgraded battery interconnection wire sizes and have been happy with performance. The extra 125 pounds does not seem to have any issues. It did not seem to affect MPG/Miles per watt with a (Kill-A-Watt) meter. I'm getting about 110mpg equivalent vs $3.30gas. On a 10mi test it's roughly took $0.30 to completely charge the batteries using a (kill-a-watt meter I pay $0.13 per kw). My mpg Calculation: $3.30 price of gas/$0.30 per charge X 10 miles driven = 110 mpg? FYI I downloaded a app on my iPhone called speedometer (search speedometer and it's the green and red one with a 55 and I had to purchase the $1.99 version to get the extra features but I enjoy it) to track speed and miles traveled and it allows you to manually enter your MPG. It has been very accurate on cost. If it says $.30 after driving the cart, its usually within one penny of what my kill a watt meter shows after full charge. I will try to do a 20 to 25 mile test soon and update.
pat5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO