lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
Joeybear
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Increasing speed question from newb

I bought my first golf cart, a 2009 Yamaha G29, last August from a seemingly reputable dealer. Amongst other things that needed to be fixed and the dealer was great about fixing them, is the speed. Right now the cart goes about 8-9mph. It's slow and everyone at the campground passes me. The dealer told me he was getting a new programmer and when it arrived, he'd bump up the speed. I just took the cart out of storage today, called him, and was told the new programmer was at the shop and that he was going to get another "not sure what it's called" Set up and swap it out. I'm not sure what he's going to swap out and/or how fast a stock G29 is able to go being reprogrammed. What should I ask him to set the speed to? Does this sound realistic or is he blowing smoke?
Joeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Increasing speed question from newb

I'm bored and don't know nothing or anything about your Yamaha but a Club Car can be programed as slow as 8 MPH to as fast as 19.6 MPH with nothing more than programming....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:02 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dealer can program a G29 for 19 mph using a PTV code. They are required to install lights and such when such a code is used. It's also not free as the dealer has to pay for an unlock code.

You can also upgrade the carts controller to an Alltrax that will provide more torque and speed up to 24 mph. You don't need dealer for this. Contact ScottyB for a controller upgrade. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #4
Joeybear
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Would programming it for 19 mph be okay for the stock motor? I know it'd be a greater draw on the batteries, but I keep the cart plugged in when not in use so I'm constantly charging the batteries
Old 04-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeybear View Post
Would programming it for 19 mph be okay for the stock motor? I know it'd be a greater draw on the batteries, but I keep the cart plugged in when not in use so I'm constantly charging the batteries
Sure because the reprogramming does not allow more amps to pass through the controller than the controller was designed to handle... The same to be said of the motor....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
Joeybear
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, Teecro!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha