lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
Kainedogg
Not Yet Wild

Default Any idea what model?

I saw a Yamaha online and would like to know if anyone can identify what model and timeline it falls under. I do know it is electric. Not sure if it is 36v or 48v
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha.jpg (140.9 KB, 0 views)
Kainedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Any idea what model?

G-19e, 48v, year- 1996-2002
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
Kainedogg
Not Yet Wild

Are these golf carts any good. After reading all morning it seems as though despite having 48v, they are no faster than the 36v EZGO marathons.

Is this a good cart to own putting around the camp ground? Can it be made faster for reasonable amounts of money?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

It is locked at 12ish mph. Changing to a Alltrax controller will unlock it and it will do 24mph. It cant be "unlocked" like newer yamahas can with a "secret code". If you go with a stock sized controller (300a) it can be done with no other mods. If you plan on other upgrades like offroad tires and/or 2 more seats, further upgrades will be needed. Cables are #1 on the list, stock solenoid was pretty good, but it is pretty old now. I dont suggest high speed gears. How fast do they allow you to go in the campground?
Old 03-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #5
Kainedogg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again CG. 25mph is the limit I see around here and most are whizzing by much faster...lol. I don't plan to lift it (I picked it up yesterday) but I would certainly like to see the speed you posted. Is there a particular "controller" to get? Why no to hi-speed gears?
Old 03-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Any alltrax dcx or xct will get the speeds i posted. The "say no to HS gears" thing is because its a backward way to achieve your goal from an engineering standpoint. The gears impose a greater load on every stock part ahead of them (that you did not upgrade), like motor, controller, cables, solenoid. Those parts were all tuned with golf in mind. Its better to do a controller/cable/solenoid job to get the speed because its easier on the motor. Plus, HS gears get speed by trading away torque (big torque loss). The controller job gets great speed increase, And, a nice torque Increase. You will end up with a cart that works better & lasts longer.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
Kainedogg
Not Yet Wild

Ok, got it. Will any Alltrax controller that works with regenerative setups work, or does it have to the 300dx
Old 03-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Both the DCX, and XCT support regen braking. The Xct is more tunable. The 300 amp models are the only ones compatible with your stock cables. I suggest a 400a model, with 4ga cables. A 500a model may be a good investment if a motor upgrade may be in your future, but should be dialed-back to 400a for stock motor.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #9
Kainedogg
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again CG. I'm getting ready to grab the 400A as soon as I find a viable vendor
Old 08-03-2016, 01:33 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

does ScottyB not have them in stock? his prices are hard to beat.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha