lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2016, 06:21 AM   #1
odic
Not Yet Wild

Default What should I pay for this G29?

Hi everyone. Been lurking here for a little while looking for a neighborhood cart in good working order but in mostly stock condition (going to mod it myself). Unfortunately supply seems to be low in our beach town. Most carts for sale are modded and asking prices seem ridiculously high compared to what I've seen on BGW. Hoping to get opinions on the price of a G29. Specifics are

2010 G29
New trojan batteries
new seats with rear flip seat
headlight and taillight kit

Thanks for your help. Great forum you all have here!
odic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2016, 07:57 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: What should I pay for this G29?

Not sure where you are but price depends quite a bit on location. I am just outside of Augusta GA where EZGo and Club Car have their main headquarters so carts are plentiful. Yamaha has a plant not to far as well. Anyway. I saw a 2012 G29 a few weeks back with new led lights, new rear seat but had the original 12 batteries but held charge well. Cart was extremely clean and he had a few. Like $2600. Yes, I bought one.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:59 AM   #3
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

I am very new to the golf cart world but I was in the same shoes as you two months ago.

I visited a couple dealerships because I didn't know enough to try one locally. Since every dealership told me about the same thing, I figured I wasn't getting smoke blown up my but.

I was torn between a 2010 that had brand new batteries, cables, rear seat kit, and a light kit.

And a 2013 with original batteries, new light kit, rear seat and tow hitch.

Both carts bodies and tops looked new. The black plastic wasn't even faded.

The problem with the 2010's was rust. Most of the ones I looked at had a lot of rot where the body mounted. Now I am in New Hampshire and rust is everywhere, but I also took into account that the carts get way less use due to the winters.

When I looked at the 2013's it was like comparing apples to oranges. They had zero rot. After I got it home I pressure washed the heck out of it and covered the metal in Fluid Film, to prevent rust.

Now both carts were just under $3,000, the 2010 was $2800 and the 2013 was $2900. For me it was a no brainer. I am happy with my purchase, but I wish it had more torque. That will be getting addressed soon, by a speed controller.

Hope this helps.
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:04 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

$2013 for the 13? Typo?? Anyway. Check into the XCT Alltrax controller. I got a good deal on the 300 amp version and I was amazed at the difference. Spins the tires easily on gravel.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
odic
Not Yet Wild

Thanks this is very helpful. I think I need to be careful of rust too as I'm close to the ocean. This shop wants 4K for the cart, which seemed high to me and you all have confirmed! I think I'll keep looking. Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #6
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
$2013 for the 13? Typo?? Anyway. Check into the XCT Alltrax controller. I got a good deal on the 300 amp version and I was amazed at the difference. Spins the tires easily on gravel.
That was supposed to be $2900. Fixed now
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:26 PM   #7
odic
Not Yet Wild

Tracked down some 2013s straight off the golf course for 2650. Will need new batteries likely in less than a year. Opportunity to change to eight 6V anyway. No seat, lights, nothing. Sound like a decent deal?

odic
Old 05-17-2016, 10:28 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would factor in a set of batteries and then decide on how good a deal they are. Many from course use are pretty beat. They are like rental cars. Nobody treats them very well.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:45 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

2650 seems a little high for a plain cart but again depends on where you live. My 12 had new led lights and a new rear flip for that with good batteries
Old 05-19-2016, 03:08 AM   #10
odic
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
2650 seems a little high for a plain cart but again depends on where you live. My 12 had new led lights and a new rear flip for that with good batteries
Wow thats a ridiculously good deal compared to what I'm seeing here in north Florida.

Any specific problem areas I should be looking for on these carts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha