lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
Hunterd37
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G29 2010

I recently purchased my first golf cart for hunting and am having an issue with it that I cannot seem to find a fix for.

My cart has a 6 " MDJX A-arm lift and outside of that is a stock cart the best I know. The cart when I brake (especially when coming to a complete stop) makes a loud grinding noise. I had read to replace the transaxle fluid with the Yamalube and to overfill it, which I have done. I have given the fluid plenty of time to work in now (8-12 miles). The problem continues to happen, an extremely loud grinding noise when stopping and it is even louder when stopping going down hill.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions on how I can get this problem to stop? Is there a hydralic brake system that works with my lift? I've looked everywhere but can only find the Jake's kits. I called them and they said it wouldn't fit my MDJX lift.

I really want to stop this noise as I purchased the golf cart because it was quite for hunting, and unfortunately mine isn't quite right now.

thanks for any help in advance.
Hunterd37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 2010

Did you add "fiction modifier"? Also check for loose axle/hub nuts.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #3
Wanny07
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Did you add "fiction modifier"? Also check for loose axle/hub nuts.
Where are the axle/hub nuts located? I looked under my cart and couldn't find anything to tighten....but then again I didn't really know what I was looking for.
Wanny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
Hunterd37
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

No I did not. I am planning on tightening the axle next to see if that resolves the issue. Thanks
Hunterd37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:25 AM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Try the friction modifier...it works
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha