lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default G14 not running

I am working on what appears to be a Yamaha g14. I can't find a serial number anywhere. It is a series drive cart, the owner said he was driving it, and it made a pop sound then quit.
What I've checked so far is battery voltage, which was low because all this happened back in the summer, but I've charged back up to 38v. Fixed a couple bad battery connections. When I press the pedal I get pack voltage to the solenoid coil, but no click. I've tried jumping the solenoid large terminals, but still no go. I'm thinking the control is toast, but this is my first Yamaha, do I don't know much about them. I know my way around an ezgo or club car fairly well. Any help with testing the control, or throttle, or where to start first on this thing would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone?

Old 10-30-2016, 12:31 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 not running

If correct voltage is getting to the solenoid & a replacement solenoid, neither click, i think the readings are incorrect taken. Be sure to take both your measurements from the solenoid terminals, not one on the solenoid, the other on the battery pack.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did check the voltage at the small post on the solenoid. I have not replaced it yet. I only jumped the large post of the solenoid to see if that was the only issue and if it would run. Nothing. I just want to confirm the control is bad before spending that much on it. I did read about the 2 diodes, and I checked them and they were good. I plan to test the motor next time I get out there to it. Any other test you recommend. It is hard to get to the controller with the batteries in to test anything on these carts. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2016, 04:55 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just wanted to update this thread with the solution, since many on the Yamaha forum just seem to die out. This is my first Yamaha to work on, and I didn't want to just throw expensive parts at it. I tried to rule out as many things as possible. I did the motor test, and it ran fine on 12 volts. Checked the throttle with an ohm meter, seemed ok. Solenoid checked out, so that left the controller. I ordered the SR 48300 package from Scottyb. Just finished the install, and now have it running. It's not a plug and go, but if you are fairly good at following diagrams, it's a fairly easy install. I now just have to tidy up some wires and she's all done!

Old 11-14-2016, 05:55 AM   #6
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
I just wanted to update this thread with the solution, since many on the Yamaha forum just seem to die out. This is my first Yamaha to work on, and I didn't want to just throw expensive parts at it. I tried to rule out as many things as possible. I did the motor test, and it ran fine on 12 volts. Checked the throttle with an ohm meter, seemed ok. Solenoid checked out, so that left the controller. I ordered the SR 48300 package from Scottyb. Just finished the install, and now have it running. It's not a plug and go, but if you are fairly good at following diagrams, it's a fairly easy install. I now just have to tidy up some wires and she's all done!

I'm about where you are with the G14e I'm working on. Still suspicious of the throttle, though as I get ohm readings all over the map when I test it. I did confirm that the motor is ok, and all the wiring is correct.

Here's a link to the thread I have going on a very similar issue.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ch-tested.html
fredstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I read your thread, it would be hard not to suspect the throttle, since you said it was all over the place on the meter, and the Alltrax fault code says the same thing.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A couple of pics of the install, I moved it from under the fnr, because it was just to tight and hard to access.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:20 AM   #9
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Nice job on relocating the controller. I moved mine slightly to make access better. It is still directly under the F/R switch, but repositioned to make it easier to see the led and hook up the wires.

I should have some time Thursday to work on this G14e, and I'll check in with this thread. I believe that what we find out may help people later who trip over this info using Google.
fredstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #10
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredstev View Post
Nice job on relocating the controller. I moved mine slightly to make access better. It is still directly under the F/R switch, but repositioned to make it easier to see the led and hook up the wires.

I should have some time Thursday to work on this G14e, and I'll check in with this thread. I believe that what we find out may help people later who trip over this info using Google.
If I remember correctly you have an axe control with all the connections on the end. This one is the SR with the connections all over the place, which made it almost impossible to mount under the fnr. Good luck on the troubleshooting. If it is the control, Scotty has some good deals on the SR packages.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha