lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
tparkertom
Not Yet Wild

Default 82 Yamaha G1E need help wiring to batteries

Bought an old 1982 Yamaha 36 volt golf cart. needed new batteries so I bought 3 new 12 volt batteries, put the batteries in and it still didn't run so looked at wiring and noticed the one wire running to headlights was pretty much bare clear to headlights. figured on just replacing that wire but ended up changing all the wires except the ones going back to the tail lights. never thought of it but should of took a picture first (but hindsight's 20/20 ) well I didn't. the more I worked on it the more I forgot what was hooked to the positive and negative sides of the batteries. I now have 4 wires to hook to the batteries. one black wire that comes off the solenoid I put that on the positive post. a yellow and an orange wire that I hooked to the positive side also, and a white wire that I hooked to the negative side of the battery pack. I get nothing when I turn the key and step on the accelerator. It seems like I should have something going from the motor hooked up to the negative side but there are no other wires left to hook up.
I cleaned all the terminals on the selonoid and I did them one at a time so I wouldn't forget where they went. But maybe I did mess something up because and put something back wrong cause that buggy wont move unless I push it.
I can post some pics but Ill have to read up non how to do it.

really would appreciate some help
Thanks
tparkertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha