lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
bluwtr49
Not Yet Wild

Default Equalizing Charge

How do I tell the charger to do an equalizing charge?

Thanks for any help.
bluwtr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Equalizing Charge

Here is a quote from the Trojan battery maintenance guide:

Step-By-Step Equalizing

Verify the battery(s) are flooded type.
Remove all loads from the batteries.
Connect battery charger.
Set charger for the equalizing voltage (See Table 2 in the Charging section). If your charger doesn’t have an equalization mode, you can unplug the charger and re-plug it back in. This also will conduct the equalization charge.
Start charging batteries.
Batteries will begin gassing and bubbling vigorously.
Take specific gravity readings every hour.
Equalization is complete when specific gravity values no longer rise during the gassing stage.

Here is a link to the guide: https://www.trojanbattery.com/tech-s...y-maintenance/ It was written by Trojan but will apply in general terms to any flooded golf cart battery.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #3
bluwtr49
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Equalizing Charge

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately that doesn't work with my Delta Q. Dug into the manual and it sort of two stepped around the issue by saying it sorta does a bit of equalizing each time it charge and that some algorithms allow equalization and others don't. Unplugging does not kick it into equalization so it looks like that isn't an option for me. I'm thinking I might buy a 48V battery minder and use it periodically to break up any sulphation.

Need to mull this over a bit but anything one can do to extend the life of expensive batteries may be a good investment.
bluwtr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar