lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
longstar80
Not Yet Wild

Default Star Cart 48V Navitas Controller upgrade

I just replaced the OE controller on my Star golf cart with a Navitas 600amp controller. The controller is giving me an error code that reads to me like an electrical problem. I hear the solenoid click when I press on the peddle but no action from the motor. I am sure I have all the wires correctly installed. The only thing that I can think of is that there is a large inline fuse that is a 425amp fuse. I am wondering if I need to increase that to a 600amp fuse since that is what the new controller should be drawing out of the battery system.

Any help would be appreciated.
longstar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2019, 04:56 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Star Cart 48V Navitas Controller upgrade

I don't know anything about Star carts and I am quite new to carts in general as well as electrical. However, I have learned a lot over the last 8 months in all my research. I just did an Alltrax 500 amp controller install. It comes with a 400 amp fuse. The fuse is rated for 400 amp (I don't remember the technical term) constant, but can handle short bursts of higher amps. Your system is most likely similar.

I would think in the paperwork that came with your controller, that information should be in there. If not, maybe their website, or call them.

I would also think that at least for purposes of getting the cart running, the fuse should not be your problem getting it going, unless it's blown.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
longstar80
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I have call a local dealer and they didnt seem too concerned with the fuse being lower rated. They said it is "upstream" from the controller to motor connections and shouldn't interfere with getting the amperage to the motor that the controller is designed to do.

Im still trying to figure this problem out.
longstar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
STARDIABLO
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by longstar80 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have call a local dealer and they didnt seem too concerned with the fuse being lower rated. They said it is "upstream" from the controller to motor connections and shouldn't interfere with getting the amperage to the motor that the controller is designed to do.

Im still trying to figure this problem out.
Did you find out what the problem was?
STARDIABLO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navitas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay