lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2020, 09:37 PM   #1
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Need Lithium don’t want to build Pack

Ok building a lithium pack looks like more than I can or want to handle. Looking at drop in options but most are expensive. Any reason you couldn’t buy the battery packs like the ones here?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...6c1f1cb6LKHTNZ
Could I just get two of these for my 48volt RXV?
I know very little about this and I’m trying to learn. One thing I do know is I’m tired of replacing my lead batteries. Gone thru 3 sets already in 6 years.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need Lithium don’t want to build Pack

The batteries aren’t crazy expensive. But the big money is spent on a correct way to charge them. If you do not feel confident with your ability to build a system, then you unfortunately need to spend some sizable money on a pre-made system. It’s not as hard as you might think, but you’re going to want to research the crap out of it before you try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:19 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

For quality lithium batteries, you may want to look at Trojan's. https://www.trojanbattery.com/trillium/ Somewhat pricy but they are Trojans.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:27 PM   #4
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-N-R Customs View Post
The batteries aren’t crazy expensive. But the big money is spent on a correct way to charge them. If you do not feel confident with your ability to build a system, then you unfortunately need to spend some sizable money on a pre-made system. It’s not as hard as you might think, but you’re going to want to research the crap out of it before you try it.

Seems like the more I research the more questions I have. The easy Cheap system doesn’t seem to be available. I keep looking for a drop in solution but the more I read the more I realize I need to build a system.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:28 PM   #5
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Also, found this as an option
https://bigbattery.com/product/li-io...rsion-kit-48v/
Old 01-02-2020, 06:04 AM   #6
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

That big battery kit seems like a smoking deal..... did you notice that the amp hours are not listed? I’m curios to how good those would be. If you could get them to give you some more details on the batteries that they use, you might be looking at the deal of the century. On the other hand, you might be looking at something that last about 30 min in your cart.

S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Cheap isn't really an option for Lithium until you factor in that they should outlast FLA batteries by at least a factor of two if properly cared for.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #8
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Looks like the same tech direct is selling. One thing to be very careful about with these packs is the amount of amps the system can handle. Its 60 amp continuous and 120 amp peak. I picked up one of these packs for a flip I am in the middle of so I could document a way to reconfigure the pack to bypass the BMS for output. You would still use the BMS during the charging and balancing portions.
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #9
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

If you're going through 3 sets if Trojans in 6 years you might have other issues that need trending to.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:40 PM   #10
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
If you're going through 3 sets if Trojans in 6 years you might have other issues that need trending to.
A severe golf addiction once they get down to only going 27 holes I have to trade them in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO