lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
mtndew
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default What model is it

I've just purchased my 1st cart to be lifted and need to know what model it is.
It is a 1987 club car gas 4 stroke. I looked most of last night and yet to find what it is.
Would also like to find out if they make fire truck bodies for whatever model it is as I plan to use it for fire prevention and parades. Thxs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0107.jpg (92.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0108.jpg (81.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0109.jpg (73.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0110.jpg (82.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by mtndew; 05-10-2009 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: spelling
mtndew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What model is it

Good News It is a DS. They built the DS model from 1984 to 2004 .... In that era everything is a DS, gas or electric, except the Carryalls
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
mtndew
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Good News It is a DS. They built the DS model from 1984 to 2004 .... In that era everything is a DS, gas or electric, except the Carryalls

great so let the fun begin
Old 05-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah....they make everything from Fuzzy Dice to Big Block Kits for that puppy
Old 05-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
mtndew
Getting Wild
Club Car

Do have a few questions.

1) where do I look for this solid state conversion mentioned in other post

2) Since I'll be doing a fire dept. theme was wondering if the 4-6" spindle upgrade would be strong enough for several guys on cart ? I also plain to install rear fold down seat since this will carry first aid equipment also during large gathering or a water tank for getting the youngster's wet during parades.Also with these kits is everything included bearings ?

3) Does someone make a complete bushing kit ? I jacked the thing up today and most if not all the front rubber bushings are shot and will need to be replaced as well as the steering boots.

4) Think I'm gonna go with a body wrap as I could only find one fire truck body as time will be running short to complete this project by the 4th of July

I'm sure I'll have many more ??? in the future and think I've find the best place on web for it.

Thanks
Chief
Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #6
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check with the sponsors on the bushings that you need when buying the lift kit. The lift kit comes with everything that you need, some of the kits however utilize stock parts. So if you need new bearings check to see if the kit has them or not . If you plan on having that much weight on the cart you may want to look at heavy duty leaf springs, it may make the ride a little stiffer but it is definitly worth it in the long run with that much weight. Here are a few pics of my cart with heavy duty leaf springs and lift kit. I have had over 1000 pounds on the cart and it didnt even flinch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0056.jpg (97.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0018.jpg (119.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0025.jpg (61.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0023.jpg (98.4 KB, 4 views)
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
DEADEYE58
Gone Wild

Club Car

sounds like a cool project
DEADEYE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Water is extremely heavy ... Don't know if you can haul much H2O on a golf cart. I think you will be maxed out at about 50 gal with heavy duty rear springs which you will want for the rear seat and those burly firefighter passengers Remember the tires when calculating load carrying capabilities..... Now, the front end is very rebuildable and all parts are avail......any one of our sponsors can put together the kit for you. They made 2 types of bushings I think yours is bushed with 8 identical neoprene and a pr of rubber bushings Order the metal sleeves that go inside the bushings as well ... If you are going to replace the rear springs with a heavy duty set for the seat and water(?) get the bushings, sleeves, and bolts for the rear springs as you will find those front mount bolts frozen in rust and need to cut them out with a sawzall to drop the old springs out....good luck
Old 05-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #9
mtndew
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks.

Well my body thought just went into the trash as Streetrod Productions, Inc doesn't sell just the body. So now I'll go with the body wrap (skinz).

I'm thinking as for water tank one of them small sprayer tanks for a lawn on a small pull behind trailer painted up to be a water tanker. Heavy springs will be a must cause I know what will happen when I turn my back and my men are driving it.

Chief
Old 05-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
mtndew
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well got the cart into the garage today and removed body to get it prepared for either paint or a body skin. Shop wants $500.00 to paint and under 400 for the graphics.Will think on that for a few days. Control arms bushing are shot as so is the other bushings so will likely go with 6" "A" frame lift kit as soon as I found a combo package for under $500.00.
Did get ordered this morning the rear seat kit and horn kit. Waiting on response as I ordered wrong light kit and wanted the dash kit instead so praying the vendor will let me back out and switch it for the dash kit instead. I'm guessing the light kits for a CC 93 won't work on a CC 87 ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car