lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Picked up a pair of Club Cars (got a few noob questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmomma View Post
on the bikini cruiser just leave the dancing pole in the middle - you never know you just might find a flat headed midget chick...
And let me guess...He Father owns a Brewery.......and she turns into a pizza at midnight.....
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #22
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post

1) She starts up easily and idles fine in neutral, but as soon as I hit the gas, she shuts off....

Is this normal?
Yes it sounds like you have a Key start model, which did come from the factory like that. and that neutral kill just pervents people from reving it up and jamming it into gear.. there is a way to bypass it for service but not many of us have seen how a factory keystart club car is setup so it might be different then from a conventional cart.

Quote:

2) When in gear (either Forward or Reverse), she idles fine, but when I hit the gas, it sometimes takes a few seconds before the engine responds (usually 2-3 seconds, but sometimes up to 5 seconds).

Normal?

3) Power feels very good for sumthin this big, but at around 15mph (just a guess, I'll get GPS readings tomorrow), the engine cuts out until I let off the gas a bit

Is this some kinda limiter?
Sounds to me like your govenor and throttle cable is sticky or somethings wrong with it.

You are most likely hitting the rev limiter when you get to 15mph... that seems a bit slow so you might have a slight cluch issue, or.. that cart just has high torque gears in the rear for the extra weight that it needs to haul, and that is its maxumum speed. You are mostlikey hitting it because the differental governor is not operating properly. which would cause both problems
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #23
98 SNAKE EATER
Getting Wild

Thanx for the info (good stuff)

OK, update on cart #1 (stripper pole)

Engagement is still a little rough, but I ran her all weekend and she seems to get smoother everytime out

As for cart #2, I installed a new keyswitch and got her to crank, but no start

After a few checks, I found a missing pin for the throttle cable (did a quick fix with a ziptie), a missing hose that leads from the valve cover to the intake (swapped over from cart #1) and there's a missing vent tube/plug on top of the gas tank....

Sprayed some starter fluid into the intake port and she fired right up, then died

Jacked the rear end up, sprayed some more starter fluid, put her in Forward and she started up and accelerated great until the gas ran out and she stopped again...

Pulled the fuel line and stuck it in an empty bottle, cranked her over and it dribbled out...

I thought the pressure might be too low, but after comparing it to cart #1, it checks out just fine

I figure it's either a blockage at the fuel line port or just stale gas (no vent tube means a big open hole on top of the tank)

So, I'm draining the tank tonight (looks like there are some leaves in there) and will try to pickup the extra parts to make her whole again tomorrow...

Any other suggestions at this point?

Rick
98 SNAKE EATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Sounds to me like you're doing everything right, and are well on your way to having two runners! I'm jealous.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #25
98 SNAKE EATER
Getting Wild

Thumbs up Re: Picked up a pair of Club Cars (got a few noob questions)

OK, another update...

Local dealer had the vacuum hose, clevis pin and vent assembly in stock, so I swung by this morning and picked them up

Drained the tank and found about gallon of it to be WATER

Pulled the carb and the main jet was covered in gunk

Put it back together, left the fuel hose in the drain pan and cycled a half gallon through the pump (just to get rid of any excess moisture)

Primed it with some starter fluid, reattached the fuel line and she fired right up

The clutch actually engages smoother than cart #1 and the speed limiter is also much smoother (it keeps a steady pace rather than cut out totally)

I pulled the carb on cart #1 for good measure and although it wasn't nearly as dirty, there was still a bit of muck in it

Put it back together and it runs fine as usual, but I need to diag the engagement issue

With cart #2, I can floor it and she'll engage smoothly

With cart #1, if I floor it, the rear end shakes like it needs a set of traction bars or sumthin

If you've ever driven a car with a grippy race clutch, it feels exactly like clutch chatter....

I have to feather the gas pedal to start off and even then it's still not as smooth as cart #2

I'm thinking a worn clutch assembly, but I'm open to any suggestions
Old 06-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #26
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

slipper clutch, and a stripper pole?......winner, winner, chicken dinner.....

Good luck with the builds....*S*
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #27
pepsig
Not Yet Wild

The Mg Stands For (resort Villager Gasoline 8 Passenger Model). What The Goofy Space Is Weird. Maby Wheelchair Is Right
pepsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #28
wheelz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think it was used for ice and beer
wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #29
98 SNAKE EATER
Getting Wild

OK, another little update...

Gave both of them an oil change and had one of our guys clean up those nasty seats

Cart#1 had a bunch of leaves and pine needles wedged between the motor, so I blew everything out with compressed air...

As for the shaky starts, it seemed to get smoother each time I drove it hard, so I did a little brake stand for about 15 seconds (held brake and applied throttle) and that somehow smoothed things out a bit

Still not as smooth as Cart#2, but much easier to drive now

Also, it seems the more weight you put in it, the softer the ride....

Feels very cushy with 6 people and a ton of garbage in the middle

Gunna bring them home this weekend to see how they handle the backyard trail, but I have a feeling I'll be giving my winch a workout when they get stuck

Anyone ever lift one of these beasts?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #30
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Anyone ever lift one of these beasts?

If you do that man, that will be freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!.

They should use factory club car lift kits. The suspension setup should be all the same for the front, as for the rear goes from the pics it looks like everything should be the same; theres no added length to the motor compartment and should be no extra length as far as brackets and such are concerned, you just probably have hd leaf springs.

Do a long travel front with like 25" mudders.. yea that would be freakin mint!

And as far as the open space in the middle, it looks large enough for you to add another seat pod there.. your carts look to be a 8 passenger model with the center pod removed.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car