lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: switches in side the black box have been moved 96 gas cc

"ill start up cart, go ridin, and then when i wanna go on reverse i have to turn off key , put it in reverse then start cart up again,same for forward."

It seems that someone has removed them so the cart will idle when you let off of the pedal.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm guessing that the micro's at the shifter were messed with also...
I say this because mine is set up to idle, and the engine shuts off when I put it in neutral!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:33 AM   #13
az10inchliftcart
Not Yet Wild

here are pics of what i have done, (putin them back) now before i messed with them my engine sounded louder and like it had more power, now it sound like its slow,unless i press gas pedal, is that normal. also my cart wont start up right away, i have to press the gas pedal then when i let go it shuts off, i think i put them the worng way? here ae the pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0905.jpg (25.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0906.jpg (33.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0907.jpg (35.9 KB, 8 views)
az10inchliftcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #14
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ok if the switches are kill switches and ignotion switches, i will asume the cable thingy is part of the govneror?
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
az10inchliftcart
Not Yet Wild

no the cable thing is the the gas pedal,,(accelerator) and the governor i believe has been diabled,
Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Az10, you never clearified if your cart started when you turned the key and continued until you turned it off, is this how it was?
Your cart was designed to run when you push the gas pedal and shut off when you let off of it.
The lower micro switch is to ground the coil and kill fire to the plug when you let off of the pedal.
The top micro activates the solenoid to start the cart and keep it running while pedal is pushed and kills power to it when released.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
az10inchliftcart
Not Yet Wild

sorry, ok before i started messin with my cart, it would start right up on either forward,nuetral,reverse, the thing i wanted to know was , why wouldnt it let me put it in forward or reverse, once i turned it on either on nuetral, rev, or forward. to do so i had to turn the cart off, then shift the gear to where ever i wanted it, then started back up, and so on, so i figured out where the micro switches needed to be, and i placed them back, now, its like u said --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your cart was designed to run when you push the gas pedal and shut off when you let off of it.
The lower micro switch is to ground the coil and kill fire to the plug when you let off of the pedal.
The top micro activates the solenoid to start the cart and keep it running while pedal is pushed and kills power to it when released. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------so basically its the same to how i have it now i still got to let go of the gas pedal in order to but it in reverse, am i better off the way i had it before i messed with it?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Your cart transaxle is designed to go from forward to reverse when the motor is off, no load. Trying to shift it with the motor running will damage the rear.
Put it back to stock where it starts by pedal only, and drive the wheels off of it.

Got any pictures of your cart?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #19
mjrowley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Your cart transaxle is designed to go from forward to reverse when the motor is off, no load. Trying to shift it with the motor running will damage the rear.
Put it back to stock where it starts by pedal only, and drive the wheels off of it.

Got any pictures of your cart?
Look at post #9.
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #20
az10inchliftcart
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks for all help guys, i think i got it going,,,,i bought a separate motor for it, but i dont know if its a good idea to fix it up, its a Robin EH29C 295 cc

Tags
96 gas cc black box
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car