lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Black Lab
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car DS Gas Lighting

I've just purchased a 2005 DS Gas CC which like all things with wheels is begging for modification. I'm planning on adding some head & tail lights soon. I like the look of the OEM lights. The aftermarket items are lower in cost, but not sure about the quality. Can anyone offer some advice? Do the factory units have a Lexan lens (polycarbonate) & an ABS housing? Do the lower cost aftermarket units use acrylic lens with a housing made from regrind, with little impact resistance? Summit has some nice LED lamps that could work for the rear.
Black Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car DS Gas Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lab View Post
I've just purchased a 2005 DS Gas CC which like all things with wheels is begging for modification. I'm planning on adding some head & tail lights soon. I like the look of the OEM lights. The aftermarket items are lower in cost, but not sure about the quality. Can anyone offer some advice? Do the factory units have a Lexan lens (polycarbonate) & an ABS housing? Do the lower cost aftermarket units use acrylic lens with a housing made from regrind, with little impact resistance? Summit has some nice LED lamps that could work for the rear.

I don't have any pictures yet Lab but I picked up some dinky little spot lamps from Walmart for the princely sum of $12.50. They come complete with a switch, wiring and instructions. You can mount them with the provided adjustable brackets or go as I am with recessed cut-outs in the body to give a custom appearance. I haven't got to the rear units yet but I plan on using some trailer LED's which I will also cut into the rear of the body and wire through the front circuit via a fuse and relay.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

the local walmart here has the 4 inch round trailer led lights. it takes a 4 inch hole saw to install them(or whatever else you may wanna use to cut the body. they are about 17 each i think. i wired mine so the stop and the running lights are all on at the same time. they are REALLY bright to look at from behind if you are on their level.

i have factory cut ins on one cart and the walmart driving headlights on the other. unless you really like the cut in look i wouldn't use them. the ones i have at least aren't adjustable. so they are where they are. and for the cost(esp. factory) you could buy something else for the cart too!

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

THE ONES I HAVE ON MY CAR ARE ADJUSTABLE AND I GETTING READY TO PUT LED TAILLIGHTS IN OR MAYBE JUST BLUEDOTS.YOU NEED ADJUSTABLE HEADLIGHTS IF YOU USE A LIFT OR MAKE MORE ENEMIES.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

where did you get cut ins that are adjustable? link please
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I Get Them From Custom Golfcar Supply In Salisbury N.c.,i Dont Think They Retail Though.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
dkizerian
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just mounted a set of driving lights from Autozone - $19 - on the body, just above the bumper. Cart is immobile, or I'd take pics. Was very straightforward, and I went way overkill on the wiring...

I ran 12ga pos and neg from battery forward to dash area.

Neg went to a termination post that I can ground everything to.

Pos is fused, then goes through a relay, so it's only on with the key. Then to a ganged fuse block. Lights are run through that, as is the horn and power outlet (for charging my phone). All fairly low draw, and I have 3 more fused outlets in case I find I need something else... like a light bar!
dkizerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
Black Lab
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the ideas. Adjustable beam height is a useful feature and gives flexibility for future ride height modifications. I think the automotive accessory lamps are probably a better and lower cost solution. The halogen driving lamps and LED rear and front lights is the path I'm going with. Thanks Again, Black Lab
Black Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car