lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
stinks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default smoker

hey guys need a second opinion before i start to tear down. My 92 gasser started to smoke this summer. It seemes to of start out of no where. Smoking pretty good now i have still been using it and there seems to be none or very little power loss. My first thought was rings. Maybe valve seal. what differences to look for between the two. gotta keep the stock 290 going at least another year.
stinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
stinks
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: smoker

so i saw the thread on overfull crankcase. So my next question is do you stick with the usual refill with a lift. the first thing i noticed about this was that the oil level does not even read in the safe range with the usual quart and a quarter. Should i remark the stick?
stinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinks View Post
so i saw the thread on overfull crankcase. So my next question is do you stick with the usual refill with a lift. the first thing i noticed about this was that the oil level does not even read in the safe range with the usual quart and a quarter. Should i remark the stick?

If your cart is lifted (from all iv'e read), you may have a problem with an incorrect oil level reading. Add the correct amount to the crank case and re-mark your stick to suit.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
92 gasser
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car