lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
adiexp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Front Wheel Allignment

Hi
Do's anybody out there know how to set up the allignment of the front wheels on a DS gasser.

Hope someone can help.

Adie.
adiexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Front Wheel Allignment

I USUALLY UNHOOK THE STEERING SHAFT,STRAIGHTEN OUT THE WHEELS,ADJUST THEM TILL THEY TOW IN 1/8TH OF AN INCH AND THEN ADJUST THE STEERING JOINT SO AS EVERTHING LINES UP NICE.DONT FORGET NEW COTTER KEYS,NOT NAILS.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
Hill Country Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I think it goes something like this:

Toe in:
measure from midline to midlie of the front tires (at at point approx 1/2 the total height off the groud) in the front of the tires and in the back of the tires. You want the back distance to be about 3/8" greater than the front distance.
If the you need to adjust the distance, loosen the nuts on the bar that goes from ball joint to ball joint in back of the tires. Turn the bar to adjust further in or out until it's right, then retighten the nuts.

Camber:
Using a 90 degree square, "L", place the longerr arm against the sidewall at the top part of the tire. The bottom of the square should be flat on the cement. The distance between the bottom corner of the square and the tire should be about 1/8". If more or less, you can make adjustments to whatever is on your lift or stock front end to get it right. Next, go to the other tire.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure the distances are quoted correctly and I'm at work without my manual so if anyone else can confirm the measurements, please do.
Hill Country Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
adiexp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi
Thanks for info, I get how to do the toe in bit. The camber adjustment still not sure how to adjust that. (2001 stock front end) I can not see anything to adjust. One wheel seems to be inward a lot at the bottom compared to the top of the wheel.

Adie.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Hill Country Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I will check my manual tonight and get back with you on the stock adjustment.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not Much On The Camber Adjustment,you Loosen The Bottom Spring Bolts And You Can Move The Spring Left Or Right,never Had To Do That To Much Just When I Replace A Front Spring.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

ok, well my front spring has a bolt in the center, and four that clamp them tight to the frame. if this is the case the center bolt is to hlod the 2 spring together, and the four hold it to the frame. the all you would be doing is bassic tilting one wheel out and the other in, vise versa. if one is out and one is in on this set up, i would maybe look at a bent spring(highly unlikey) or maybe a bad spring bushing. but i would think on bothe it would have a "lean to it" or a knocking/poping noise when it hit bumps.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

or even a bent spindle, or bad spindle bushings, but if it up off teh ground, he should be able tp grab wheel and feel this, if it muves, and it not the bearings, have some on look to see if its the spindle bushing or the sring bushing or the bearing if he cant shake and look at the same time. just another thought
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
Hill Country Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I looked in my 2004 Club Car Maintenance and Service Manual.
1st you check the distance with the framing square. If the distance is not the same on both sides then proceed as follows:
Loosen the 4 bolts that hold the spring to bottom spring plate.
Loosen the hex nut of the adjustment eccentric (bolt in the center of the spring that protrudes down).
Using a 7mm deep socket, rotate the eccentric until the camber is adjusted.
Tighten the 4 bolts to 23 ft-lbs.
Roll the cart forward one full rotation of the wheels and recheck camber.
Tighten the hex nut on the eccentric to 10 ft-lbs.

These manuals are a lifesaver when it comes to stuff like this. I purchase the maintenance and service manual and the supplement for both my carts as well as the parts manual for the 04 that I resurrected from hurricane Ike.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #10
adiexp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi
Thanks for the info I will give it a go at the weekend.

Cheers Adie.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car