lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
stu07hd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1997 Club Car Newbie Questions

I am getting ready to pick up a 1997 Gas Club Car. I have a couple of questions. It looks like it could use an engine oil change. I have searched and it looks like I should use a 30W oil. Got that.

I found some oil filter numbers for napa, stp, and walmart brand. Are all years the same for the oil filter?

I am going to change the rear end lube also. I have read that I should use 80w/90, is this correct?

Thanks for the info.
stu07hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 Club Car Newbie Questions

Yep
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i use 10 w 30 in mine in ohio. i use napap oil fiter cause there whit and i can write the hrs on it and date that the oil change was done in casse i have a brain fart and forget! or if my father in law uses it and need to know! look at the filter see it was done 12-09 and at 300 hrs! no issues. the rear end on a gasser uses 80/90. you can run the 75 90 in it, 85 140 in it, this is a heavier oil, but thats what most manufacturers recomend with al lot of towing. you can run the 75 90 syn. scotty runs it, he says with now issues. i have 80/90 in mine, ssem that at work(i work on semi trucks) we have 75 90 syn in ours and it seems to cause wheel seals and the silicone matinting the hed and the rear end case together to leak prematurly. say eavry 3 years or so. but you have to take wiith putting nearly 35k on them in 3 months, there are constantly being used. 500mile trip in the day nand the same at night. so they really only sit from sat around noon till monday around 7 am. just my thought though.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ir-manual.html
heres a manual from a previous post that can be saved for your pc. it a maintance manual with alot of info you can use! and i think its for a 97 too!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
stu07hd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you so much for the link! It is greatly appreciated!!!!
stu07hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car