lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default CC Driven clutch question

I'm getting ready to install some upgrades. I have a 1992 Gas Club Car that I setup with suspension out of a Carryall 272. The motor is the stock DS FE290 and it still has the stock DS transaxle, with the addition of a CCP machined for torque rear clutch & spring.

I’ve been picking up parts here and there. Haven’t really had time to dig in but I’m getting ready to make some time. I found a 2003 CC 272 locker rear and a 18hp Briggs VTwin. My plan is to setup the motor and 272 rear in the cart. The rotation of the Briggs will make the 272 rear rotate backwards (forward will be reverse). I have been told the 272 rear is geared pretty low, especially if I am running it in the opposite rotation with the Briggs motor. And that high speed gears are not available for it.

My question is: What do I have for rear clutch options that may compensate for the low gearing? I was planning on sending the clutch out to CCP to be machined for speed, I assume that will help a little. Would an aftermarket rear clutch work better? The cart is used on the trails and in the mud, so the gearing will be good for that, but I don’t want it to be too low, making it feel like I’m running the thing in 1st gear, revving the motor to the moon all the time.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Bulky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC Driven clutch question

Here is a pic of the center section and locker unit for the 272 rear that is going into the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 272 rear.jpg (161.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 272 rear 2.jpg (166.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The worst part of the backwards CC deal is that once you get used to a slow forward the reverse is way too fast I just didn't like it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yea, that is what I was worried about. Might be a good excuse to trade in the 23" tires for a set of 25's or 27's.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car