lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 precedent i2 gas... Rev Limiter help!

Fill me in? lol

Sorry I didn't get the new pictures up. Dad ended up callin wanted me to drive over to his house for the weekend and left my camera sittin by my basement computer. I cleaned it up today too.

Im gonna order the rear seats and maybe a lift kit soon now that its running right. When we got it, it backfired alot and thanks to the attachments posted I was able to adjust the govenor and it would run right. I need to get a tach and see what RPM's im turning. I had it in matinance mode and had the pedal to the floor and set the throttle to right before the rev limiter kills it Wish there was a way to adjust it.
murderedc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Now... your on the right track on getting it set right!

I apologize for being so cautious... I'm guessing that your young and new to carts!
I just don't want to see anyone get hurt from my advice!

as for "the stick"... I couldn't find the thread... but it would have been dangerous, had it been done!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #13
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, I can tell you my dad is in with me on the project, I'm 17... Grew up on a 80's EZ-GO my whole life. I also own a 3 wheeler thats not much safer. lol

I think I found another thread with the wiring diagram that shows where the ground wire is... I'll have to look when I go back to the other house this weekend at some point.

I can tell you im pretty responsible with it though. I caught my friend power braking it and he is now banned from it when he comes over no matter how much he likes to complain :) haha

EDIT: The EZ-GO had no rev limiter... it literally did about 35. How? IDK the shop made it that way for us

None of this is new. Just the new technology they put on these newer golf carts. Every Golf cart I have ever driven has them removed. We just cant figure out (fiddling with it for about a month and half now, ugh) on how to do it so that made me think to search for a forum one day.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The lower front of your engine, there's a box... that's your rev limiter.
the left mounting bolt holds a wire eyelet, (@ #1) remove the bolt and eyelet,
reinstall the bolt without the eyelet, and tape up the eyelet with electrical tape, and just let it hang there.

Just do me a favor... be safe!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FE290-350 Ignition components.jpg (15.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #15
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah I found this in another thread. There was a wire with an eyelet at the Top of the motor and I unhooked it and did nothing. I hooked it back though just in case it meant something. Tomorrow I will go to the house and crawl under it and look for this other said wire. I cant see anything from the top.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #16
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

You may not be able to see it from below, (engine pan)

You'll find it... it's pretty easy!

good luck!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:02 AM   #17
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Engine pan should be able to bolt off shouldn't it? Figured it would be easier. If not, then well I'll have to dig deeper! haha, I'll let ya know something.

Thanks again. I promise no flipping will be done, nor motor's blowing if this works.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #18
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Disclaimer for myself and (lockman1).

Any and all information provided on this sit is to be used responsibly .
Myself nor anyone else on BGW bears any responsibility , for any modification made
as a result of information provided or contained within BGW.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #19
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

mureder the engine pan is the engine maount that attaches to the rear axle. its a lot easier to get from the top. its under the cylinder head, above the oil drian plug. there are two wires, one is to the exiter/coil, anmd the other is to a ground as discribed. make sure you tape this, so you are not cruising, then it grounds its self out and causes running issues. above the 3600 rpm limit.
as far as the accelator cable location in the box you were asking, theres a black box next to yur battery, to the side of the engine, or basicly right in front of your engine oil filter. it has a single screw in the center, and 3 if i rember snaps on it. remove te screw, pop the top, you will find your micro switches and fuses and a stater solouniod in it. also has a cable on a 90 degree cam. from here the cable runs on the right (pass)side to a set of double springs on you axle tol the mechanical/road speed governor, then back to your carb.

i have seen people zip tie the mechanical governor, and zip tie the double springs, but i dont recommend this! im pretty sure you are smrt enough, and i bet you have seen how to do thees mods on a diffent website. i know of a guy who did a video how to and is out there. its shown on a ds, not a carry all, or fat bed.
hope this helps you out
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #20
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I got it worked out. Adjusted the throttle accordingly to 4200RPMS. Pleanty fast for me! Thanks for the info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car