lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
rob scott
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default cart wont run sometimes

Hi, I have a 94 (I think, just bought it) club car and sometimes it will take right off and run like a champ. I had it out at the drag strip today running it around and it started off runinng good then once i parked it for 30 minutes then jumped back on it and it just turned over. I held the choke in but nothing so I got off it and checked the carb for gas and it was dry, with a full tank of gas. I took the air tube off the carb and held my hand over and 5seconds of turning it fired right up. I held my hand over the carb till i felt gas touch my hand then removed my hand. then all day it was doing this to me, the last time it did it to me, I towed it to the trailer with my ez-go and let it set for about an hour or so, jumped on it and fired right up ran fine for about 30 minutes then i put it on the trailer and went home.

I ended up putting my hand over the carb like 6 times today, I think the carb may need rebuilt but then I kinda think maybe the fuel pump is bad. right before it started all this when i took it off the trailer it was sluggish and backed fired, it was like I was going from full throttle to no throttle then back to full throttle.

I haven't checked anything yet, both carts are still on the trailer. I'm kinda beat, and thought I should ask everyone on here before I take the carb to have it rebuilt. What I should or could take a look at to see if that may be the cause of my problem.
rob scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
DVF557
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cart wont run sometimes

I would look at the vent in on the gas tank. Try running around with the gas cap loose and see if it does it. just a guess. Or run around until it does it again then take a look at the tank and see if it is "sucked in" or pull the cap and see if the tanks bulges back out.
DVF557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car