lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Load Causes Stalling/Shutdown on 8 Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Huh... There's something I would have never guessed would happen!

Great job on the diagnosis!

And I suppose I don't have to tell you to replace that wire when it's financially doable, I'm sure you will!

Absolutely fix that wire. I also plan for my first upgrade once the funds are available to be the suspension. I had wanted to give it a bit of a lift, not huge, but enough to make my passenger's ride smoother, more comfortable. Now it's also to try and ensure there's ample room for body travel when loaded. What lift or suspension beefing would be best for support and comfort in your estimation?

I think it's kinda funny how there isn't some blocking method to prevent that body coming down and wacking that generator even if for a second. There's got to be a way to put a stop before that happens.

Thanks for the kudos too man. I was very relieved and felt blessed that it wasn't a worse problem. There was a nice sense of accomplishment in that I figured it out. There also was a huge 'well duh' moment when I saw that gaping gash of bare and shmooshed wire.
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #12
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Load Causes Stalling/Shutdown on 8 Passenger

I did a test run last night. Sure it was a super slow night, even for a typical tuesday, which is slow to begin with, but I went out and gave a few rides to groups 4 and larger.

No stalling/shutdown! That wire with all it's mashed, bare glory was the issue and yippee!
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car