lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
I just double checked; the USPS charge to my zip is $1.90. This package WAS sent via USPS in a USPS box with a USPS printed label so it looks like I got charged $13.10 for someone to pick the parts off the shelf an stick em in a box. I sure could use that kind of a job.
And Scotty, I did check with the sponsor an was informed that this was the best price they could offer. If this is not the place to air my annoyance perhaps you could suggest somewhere else ? I deliberately did not post the name of the company for obvious reasons.

Chris.
How big was the item? And was the item shiped in an envelope or was it in a flat rate box? Those flat rate boxes seem like they are a good deal to people but they are expensive! The only way shipping can be cheap is if you can put it in an envelope and have the USPS truck pick it up. Not to say anything bad, but plain and simple shipping is just not cheap!!
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #22
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay....... I'll give it back but, most of the cans are empty now
Scotty I have a bunch of cans, But thats where I been stuffin all my bills.

To get back on topic, Yep give em a chance to make it right. We ship stuff USPS. Minimum for priority is $4.95
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #23
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalgolfcarts View Post
How big was the item? And was the item shiped in an envelope or was it in a flat rate box? Those flat rate boxes seem like they are a good deal to people but they are expensive! The only way shipping can be cheap is if you can put it in an envelope and have the USPS truck pick it up. Not to say anything bad, but plain and simple shipping is just not cheap!!
The items in question were two kingpin bushings. I don't have a set of scales that go low enough to weigh them but i'd guestimate under two ounces for the total including the packaging which consisted of a plastic sandwich bag, a piece of newspaper and a small box. Items were approx $6.00, USPS charge was $1.90 standard shipping rate, my total was $21.00 and that was after the lady (very nice it must be said) reduced the s&h fee from $18.60 to $15.00. Now granted, this was not a big order in any sense and I could have gone locally and got the parts but I felt it a good idea to support those who sponsor us at this site but dayum, a standard flat fee of $18.60 s&h sure seems high to me. Just imagine if you just ordered a float bowl gasket that arrived in an envelope with a .50cent stamp on it

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #24
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
The items in question were two kingpin bushings. I don't have a set of scales that go low enough to weigh them but i'd guestimate under two ounces for the total including the packaging which consisted of a plastic sandwich bag, a piece of newspaper and a small box. Items were approx $6.00, USPS charge was $1.90 standard shipping rate, my total was $21.00 and that was after the lady (very nice it must be said) reduced the s&h fee from $18.60 to $15.00. Now granted, this was not a big order in any sense and I could have gone locally and got the parts but I felt it a good idea to support those who sponsor us at this site but dayum, a standard flat fee of $18.60 s&h sure seems high to me. Just imagine if you just ordered a float bowl gasket that arrived in an envelope with a .50cent stamp on it

Chris.
Valid argument, Chris. I'd be somewhat upset myself. With your description, I believe it could have been easily delivered in an envelope. I'm also glad you didn't mention names on here, but now, with that experience, start purchasing from the site sponsors that posted replies in this thread that you accepted as positive and helpful.

One thing I'm still not getting.... did you not know what the shipping charge was going to be when you ordered the item? If you had questioned the charges when making the purchase, you could have offered to go forward with the purchase IF they made the charges less, which in this case, could have been sent to you in an envelope, at the 2.00 charge.

All backs like to be scratched.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #25
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Valid argument, Chris. I'd be somewhat upset myself. With your description, I believe it could have been easily delivered in an envelope. I'm also glad you didn't mention names on here, but now, with that experience, start purchasing from the site sponsors that posted replies in this thread that you accepted as positive and helpful.

One thing I'm still not getting.... did you not know what the shipping charge was going to be when you ordered the item? If you had questioned the charges when making the purchase, you could have offered to go forward with the purchase IF they made the charges less, which in this case, could have been sent to you in an envelope, at the 2.00 charge.

All backs like to be scratched.
I questioned the shiping fees and was informed( and I quote) "THIS IS THE BEST WE CAN DO". Now, I am clueless as to the machinations of the various companies that peddle they're wares on this esteemed web site but i'm buggered if i'm going to sit silent whilst other poor sods get clobbered with stupid fees. Don't make my mistake.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #26
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Take some deep breaths. This was one incident. I've ordered several things from several vendors on this site and have been very pleased with every purchase. They will not deliberately screw over you. I truly believe that. They would have to face this type of negative publicity if they did. As you have been advised by several, try to work it out with that person, but don't be tempted to bash them on this site (or any other). That is not the stand up thing to do. If you are dissatisfied with this site and it's supporters (not to be confused with athletic supports), then simply move on. There are more cart sites out there, and there will be vendors on those as well. If you order something from them, you might find that the shipping situation is the same.
You really can't ultimately blame anyone but yourself if you didn't like the line "This is the best we can do". Had it been me and got that line for something that I didn't think was fair, I would have simply stated that they should cancel my order. Thank them for letting me know and continue shopping. If I agree to their terms, I really can't blame them any further. You were under no obligation to move forward with that order.
I'm not ripping on you. Simply stating that there are more options than trying to slander some vendors on this site that most members on BGW receive very well. Again, take some deep breaths and consider getting over it and learning how to handle the next order, or just move on. Good luck to you and I hope this make sense.

Randy
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #27
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I understand your frustration invalid! (that just seems like a wrong statement)
I used to buy a lot of product from a large distributor who is now owned by a larger distributor until I found that they were making a bunch of money on the shipping. I have also spent way too much money to get parts as fast as I can from LVS sales because they said it was a stock part and it wasnt! Just fair warning, LVS is a USELESS company!

Just needed to vent
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car