lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Finally some good news!

Well, after too many stranded nights and toiling days of breaking down and trying to get my cart running with glitch upon glitch I got a full week of driving in. I drove about 25 hours in five nights this past week with nary a hiccup. I typically would be only driving 4 nights and putting in around 25-30 hours in them.

I even hooked up some blue courtesy lights under the roof before I went out Friday so people could see when looking for their junk(phone, ID and tips!!!!) Plus the cart wouldn't look so dark in areas that wasn't lit up well cause I'm running at night. I noticed it definitely helped.

There was one or two stumbles off of a standstill but I think it will be helped by taking the carb off again and cleaning the bowl there might be a bit of crud in there. The first time I did it I didn't separate the bowl from the carb, I just dumped it out and sprayed it alot with cleaner. I tried to pop it off but it didn't come too easily so I didn't want to bust anything trying to hard. Anyone have a suggestion on what might help me getting that apart without messing it up? I was going to use wd40 and let it sit for a bit. I did unscrew the bolt on the bottom and the screw up in there under the jet. Did I miss any bolt that is the right one to let it come apart easily?

Fun weekend and I'm happy to get in a some solid nights of work. Next upgrade needs to be the stereo system. I must have heard at least two or three dozen times about it. 'Where's the tunes?' When we first started doing this people were surprised to find out there were systems on the carts now they almost expect it. It keeps the party atmosphere going in between spots.

Here's a pic of a bridal party that used me a few times in one night on Saturday to get from club to club and then back to the hotel at the end of the night. They were mostly all from one family of eastern Indian decent but raised here in the US and a few friends kicked in. I asked if it was an arranged marriage(they said it wasn't) and if there were any women left for me(they said there was with a giggle). The pic was taken just as I dropped them off at the end of the night at The Hotel W. I took the pic so I'm not in it and it was with the phone on my camera so it's kinda crappy. They tipped pretty good, too.

Let's hope I can keep this going with the full weeks of work for week after week. I need to upgraded the cart and I have about $1500 worth of ideas in mind. Stereo, lift, big wheels, low pro tires and more lighting. So I'm gonna need a few months of solid production to get it done before next season kicks in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart bridal party.jpg (110.2 KB, 49 views)
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Finally some good news!

Nice pic
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yea, a cartload of girls is always welcome... They aren't the hottest selection that Scottsdale has to offer. The are pretty average and conservative as far as that goes. I just would have a hard time getting all the scantily clad hotties to sit still for a second to take a picture without coming off like a perv. It was hard enough getting these to sit in the cart for a couple seconds.

So I'm heading over to the cart to mess with the carb. I guess I'll just try wd40 to get the bowl separated since I haven't been offered any other alternative method.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

After you take the bolt out of the bottom the bowl will come off, it usually has seated itself in the gasket so taping the side of it with the side of a screwdriver handle will get it off.
Look up in the hole where the bowl bolt screws into, where is a jet in there, all of the jets should be taken out and soaked along with the carb body to remove all of the built up varnish and get the jet orifices back to the proper size.
On reassembly, flip the carb upside down and make sure the float is level.

Sounds like you're on your way to many productive nights, glad ya got it worked out.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Crash, a search on carbs led me to a thread where you gave a really good step by step carb cleaning detail. The guy had a exploded view of the carb, too. These will help alot. Thanks.

I never made it out to the cart. Got busy doing some other things. We had alot of wind this weekend and there was trash all over the place. Had to do some cleaning.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car