lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #21
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best way to wire secondary battery

When I added the secondary battery I just ran it parallel. The start/gen charges both of them quite fine. In fact, it seems like both of the batteries wound up having a better charge at the end of the night after running for hours even with the radio playing the whole time. The single battery use to have a 12.5-12.7 charge by nights end, with both of them it's more like 12.7-12.9 by nights end. I just hooked up a 12volt outlet in my dash so I can charge my phone while I'm out on the track. Hehehe...
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #22
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, I would have run em paralle too. Glad it worked out good for you
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #23
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

i agree with the parrell idea. most semi have 4 batterys. they are wired in parrell with one set of wires to the starter, and then theres a set from the starter to the alt. the alt has a built in reg. it is very advisable to replace all 4 batterys at once if one goes down, but you do not have to do it, but you will be replacing the other down the road. as far as batterys to go with get a set of optimia gell batterys. there like a deep cyle battery were the voltage and amps are costant. not like a starting battery where its strong then it fades till dealth! plus optima are basicly vibration restantant. and the military claims they are still good if they get shot. i dont know but this is what they claim. they can be mounted in and way, on there sides, upside down blah blkah blah. the yellow top are deep cyle/starting and the red top are standard auto motive and the blue to are a marine battery. military runs red top in there stuff know and kenworth runs the yellow top on there new dump truck set ups were the batterys have to be in the cab. just a thought.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car