lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Clickity-clickity microswitch...

...but no spark to the motor.

Do microswitches just "go bad"? You know, the kind that "hold you up" when you least expect it.

My boys were driving the cart and it quit in front of the house. They stopped, the cart wouldn't go from there. No wires are disconnected that I can tell.

Now, in forward or reverse, "Normal" or "Maintenance" mode, the microswitch seems to energize, I hear the audible "click", but that old familiar sound of the engine sputtering to life is silent.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Clickity-clickity microswitch...

yes they can just fail, couple of minutes with your friendly VOM will tell you evrything.
So you're saying you push the pedal and the motor spins over but no spark or your motor will not spin over?
What do you hear clicking, the micro or the solenoid?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #3
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

No motor sound at all. Just the silence following the click of the microswitch. Dead, dead, dead. Battery is charged.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

If it's dead, dead, dead...
Check the 10 amp fuse inside the electrical component box!

I betcha' that's it!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

check and make sure they didn't run over something and pull the ignitor wire off under the front side of the motor
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

THere are 2 micros in the black box under the driver's seat, they can malfunction and keep you from starting up too. One of them activates the solenoid ... some basic voltmeter work, or even a test light, is needed to determine what went bad.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
If it's dead, dead, dead...
Check the 10 amp fuse inside the electrical component box!
...10 amp fuse is still good.

Have had no time to delve into it further. Mother needed to be relocated closer to family. Trying to buy her a house has been a PITA. Short sales are a PITA. Banks are a PITA. Insurance is a PITA. I have been moving her furniture into a POD - now I have a pain in the back (PITB). Maybe later today after I have had some coffee.

Going to VOM next. I have a sketch of the electrical schematic. Electricity and circuits are NOT my speciality!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It's was worth a shot! it's amazing how many people overlook that fuse when the cart dies, dies!

btw... that's alot of PITA's (and a PITB too!)

I hope you get it ALL worked out!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was wondering how I was going to work that "A", "B" alphabet thing into the thread so folks would know the meaning without being blunt. I agree. KISS and the 10 amp fuse is the right place to start.

I have been reading all of the older "No Spark" and similar threads. I am beginning to suspect the F/R microswitch or one of the ones in the "Black Box" (good term for it too). DOOmsman suggested Tandy Corp (Radio Shack) for microswitches. Is that real? Another replaced all three for $40. That isn't bad and it is easy to do, although if it isn't broken don't fix it makes sense too.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
nxttime
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
I was wondering how I was going to work that "A", "B" alphabet thing into the thread so folks would know the meaning without being blunt. I agree. KISS and the 10 amp fuse is the right place to start.

I have been reading all of the older "No Spark" and similar threads. I am beginning to suspect the F/R microswitch or one of the ones in the "Black Box" (good term for it too). DOOmsman suggested Tandy Corp (Radio Shack) for microswitches. Is that real? Another replaced all three for $40. That isn't bad and it is easy to do, although if it isn't broken don't fix it makes sense too.
wow!!! I just replaced ALL 4 of mine for $3/EACH from my local cart store!!! If nothing else I'll have some extras laying around!!
nxttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car