lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
michelichevelle
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 Volt Yamaha G2 to 48 Volt

Does anyone know what you have to change (besides the motor) to make a 36 volt Yamaha G2 into a 48 volt system.
michelichevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 36 Volt Yamaha G2 to 48 Volt

Welcome to BGW, you don't have to change the motor, the 36v motor will run on 48 volts, and will put a smile on your face, you will need 48 volts in batteries a 48v charger and a 48 volt solenoid, and a controller that will handle 48 volts, and a F/R switch that will take the 48 volts, and some new 4ga golf cart battery cables, welding cable is the best
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
michelichevelle
Not Yet Wild

Were can you get a 48 volt controller for this old of a golf cart.
michelichevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
deepwood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have just completed the conversion of my G2 to 48v. My G2 does not have an electronic controller, it has series of contacts that a wiper arm moves over according to throttle input. Each wire on the contacts goes to a separate point on a coil resistor and that is what controls the speed on my cart, therefore it did not require a new controller. In order to change it to 48v I first made a wiring diagram of the cart, then I replaced all wires with 4ga wire. I installed a 48v solenoid, cleaned all contacts and wire connections including the forward/reverse switch, added the 8v batteries and it works very well.
deepwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha