lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 2007 G29 lifted, plastidip'd custom audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChris View Post
Awesome!

I'm glad you have pictures of the paint thanks for posting those. I've been mulling over what direction to go with my paint situation and the Anthracite Grey Plasti-Dip was one of my two choices but just wasn't sure if a 4 can wheel kit would be enough and what it would really look like on a golf cart.

After seeing yours I think I'll go that route but do the 2 cans of gloss as well.

How thick does it lay down? I'm curious how much prep I need to do before I start spraying. My cart has some house paint on it (not me, prior owner), I suppose I need to sand and prime prior to spraying the plasti-dip on.
To do it again I would do 6 coats to give it more durability, but the 2 cans of glossy fire should help ya, I had to reps ray the front of the body under the seat because the kids were scraping it up with their feet, the gloss should help protect it more. I think I'm going to get a piece of diamond plate and powder coat it black for that area for more chip and scrap protection. Other than that I'm real happy with it. Under the seat is scrap up some from movement of the seat rubbing it but you don't see it and as of right now there is no signs of that making it want to peel off.

For the house paint, I would grab a gallon of lacquer thinner and see if that will remove it, if not I would sand it smooth at least before you start dipping.
Bagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #22
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Great looking cart! I didn’t know they had a new color come out. I will for sure have to look into this. I’ve done a few 4 wheelers in Plastidip and love the way they came out. Granted after a few months you have to touch it up due to wear and tear (tree branches rubbing against them and etc), but have been happy with it so far. Don’t want to be a copycat, but not sure I can help myself... really really like it!
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #23
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Very curious about the process. With the plastic dip are you able to skip the plastic body prep ie adhesive promoter and what have you
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #24
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
Great looking cart! I didn’t know they had a new color come out. I will for sure have to look into this. I’ve done a few 4 wheelers in Plastidip and love the way they came out. Granted after a few months you have to touch it up due to wear and tear (tree branches rubbing against them and etc), but have been happy with it so far. Don’t want to be a copycat, but not sure I can help myself... really really like it!
No worries, i don't consider it copying, with as many people in the world, someone is bound to have as good of taste as me lol
I love the color, and loving Plastidip in general. I dipped the wheels and a lot of parts on my fiancés Mini Cooper and my navigator black. I'm thinking about dipping my Monte Carlo once the bodywork is done as well, and possibly the whole nav matte red.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #25
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffer88 View Post
Very curious about the process. With the plastic dip are you able to skip the plastic body prep ie adhesive promoter and what have you
I did a good scrubbing/washing and then used the predip spray that dipyourcar sells then dipped away!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #26
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Trading this one in tomorrow guys, starting over but going gas lol
Old 01-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #27
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

is the body removal pretty simple? I am looking for a thread on that or is it just more go as you go???
hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #28
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
is the body removal pretty simple? I am looking for a thread on that or is it just more go as you go???
Yeah it's pretty straight forward, no certain way, just remove everything from the body first(roof, windshield, seats etc) then all the screws, bolts, push-ins etc holding the body on. I left the body on my new ezgo when I dipped it, it was easier and still got excellent results

Old 02-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #29
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How much Duplicolor did it take to do the top?
hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #30
Bagnut
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

A few cans, I think 3 or 4 I can't remember exactly though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha