lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
muskydawg
Not Yet Wild

Default Testing voltage on an Alltrax controller

I put an alltrax 400A controller in my wife's G19, and the cart isn't working. The solenoid won't pull in, it seems like the cart is completely dead. I was going through, checking voltages and troubleshooting and found something that doesn't seem right. The solenoid is supposed to be battery +. But when I connect my voltmeter to the small screw on the solenoid and the negative on the batteries, I get zero volts. When I connect it to the positive on the batteries and the small screw, I measure full battery voltage. Would this not make the voltage at the solenoid battery -? It is the same when I measure the B+ pin on the controller.

If this is correct, why is the polarity reversed?

Thanks for your help.
muskydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #2
ma_tty_d
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Testing voltage on an Alltrax controller

from what i understand, one side of the solenoid is connected to positive directly, like you stated, and the other side connected to negative controlled by the controller. you should read 48V on the positive side of the solenoid, regardless if the solenoid was engaged or not. but if the tow/run switch was in tow mode then you would see 0v at the positive side on the solenoid. hope this helps! Cheers, Matt
ma_tty_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha