lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #1
THinson
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha Golf Cart runs but then stops

I am new to the cart world and would appreciate any help offered. I think my cart is a G9 but some say G2 but the issue is this.... While driving and without warning, it will just die. If we just sit for a few mins., it will start back up but sometimes we have to put it in reverse to get it started again. We recently had the batteries replaced so we can eliminate that. Any thoughts?
THinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2014, 03:21 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Golf Cart runs but then stops

Cant diag it without proper model info, while the body and frame are quite similar on a G2 and G9, the motor speed control system is very different. Look under the seat for a set of coils about 4" in diameter, maybe a foot lenght, OR a non-descript plated sheetmetal box with a crapload of small and large wires going in.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
THinson
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

For sure, it's the non-descript box with a crapload of wires under the seat. Any idea on what the problem might be?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

The G8 diagram directly above in the "stickies" is the same as your G9 wiring. I would be looking at the F&R microswitches, and the yellow wire circuit. You did not say, does the solenoid cut out when the cart stops?
Old 03-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
THinson
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

You are going to get really frustrated with me so I apologize in advance. Plain and simple, I am a female and I have no clue as to what "stickies" are or if the solenoid cut out. The cart just dies without notice and or sound. When you try to restart, no noise, no clicking...nothing. It appears that all the wires are attached but then again, I don't know what I am looking for either. How do I post a pic on here? Or, would you be willing to let me email you a pic?
Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Stickies are general posts about carts of the manufacture and type (electric yamaha) whose section you are currently in, at the top of the list. The solenoid "clicks" when the cart first starts, and clicks off when the pedal is released to interrupt power. Knowing if the solenoid clicks off when the cart dies will be a big help in diagnosing what is really causing the problem. Check your private messages (known from now on as PM), in top right of screen. You may be too new (too few posts) to get PM yet.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

To post a pic, in the area where you type a response, click "go advanced", then click the paperclip to advance to the screen where you select the pic from your computer (or phone) to upload.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #8
THinson
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thank you for explaining. No sir, the solenoid does not click when he cart dies. You will be cruising along and then coast to a full complete stop. The cart tends to start back up immediately if you switch it over to reverse. I emailed pics and hope they will help.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

Whoa, lets backtrack a little bit. The pics show it as a G2 style system. The aluminum trim around the body/glove box area confirms this. Regroup....pull up the brake pedal inspection cover in the floorboard area and check the wires tucked up in the middle (towards the center of cart) of that opening (underside).
Old 03-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
THinson
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I could not pull up the inspection cover due to the diamond plate that was installed. I sent her off to the shop today and I will let you know what they tell me. He was thinking that it may be the F/R switch but I thank you for your help and for being so nice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha