lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
Delft Maloo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G29 Drive engine & controller upgrade

Hi everyone, I'm going to do an engine and controller upgrade to my 08 drive. My cart runs 4 new 1275 12v trojans, 14" wheels with 205-30-14 tyres, other than that it is basically dead stock. Im looking to drastically improve the speed and torque of my cart so I'm achieving 20-35mph.
At the moment Iv enquired about the following
D&D 505 motor
FSIP 500amp curtis 1268 controller programmed to suit

The cart is used for road and golf course action and the area isn't very hilly.

Is there better options for my cart than this?
Delft Maloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
joshualmarley
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Drive engine & controller upgrade

Just an FYI. But I submitted a request for info on d&d site and they called me Friday and told me they were not supporting the drives and to contact fsip.

Josh
joshualmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Delft Maloo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualmarley View Post
Just an FYI. But I submitted a request for info on d&d site and they called me Friday and told me they were not supporting the drives and to contact fsip.

Josh
Yeah the info i got from the request is that you have to purchase the controller from FSIP or from another person they list and inform them of the programming to suit the d&d motor.
D&D will not supply the controller themselves.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
joshualmarley
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Delft

Please keep me in the loop as to how your upgrade works out. I have long term plans to do this as well and there is really not much info out there

Thanks

Josh
joshualmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
Delft Maloo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Delft

Please keep me in the loop as to how your upgrade works out. I have long term plans to do this as well and there is really not much info out there

Thanks

Josh
Shall do, iv been reading as many threads on here as possible and also asking Q's where i can but it can be hard to get clear answers sometimes.
Id be happy to look at the Alltrax controller setup too even though its not plug and play, but without getting any advice or help on what to match it up with engine wise it looks like it might not be an option.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you get an alltrax wired up in your ydre, you can call alltrax and ask them for the "field map" to suit your chosen motor (they have maps for many motors). They can email it to you, then you can install it yourself with your laptop and a "usb to serial cable". I dont think putting maps in any of fsip's controllers is this easy tho.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #7
Delft Maloo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If you get an alltrax wired up in your ydre, you can call alltrax and ask them for the "field map" to suit your chosen motor (they have maps for many motors). They can email it to you, then you can install it yourself with your laptop and a "usb to serial cable". I dont think putting maps in any of fsip's controllers is this easy tho.
What model alltrax controller would i need and what motor would be a good speed and torque upgrade over stock?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
Delft Maloo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Delft

Thanks

Josh
Well after making numerous phone calls to the USA from AUS I'm not really getting anywhere at the moment. After talking to D&D they tell me they are not supplying kits and that they have made an arrangement with FSIP to supply the motors to them as they are handling the Yamaha Drive upgrades for them using D&D motors. Well after talking to the contact i was given at FSIP they are telling me they are not doing kits as of yet and don't know where i got the info from, they said they will be doing them down the track but not at the present time.
FSIP told me they can supply me a programmed controller to suit the D&D motor and they would be happy to do so and i should arrange to buy the motor off D&D. After another phone call to D&D with the same contact as i spoke to before they are very confused about whats going on and they won't supply me with a motor as they have an arrangement with FSIP to do this, confirmation was sort from the D&D president about this also and according to him FSIP should be supplying the WHOLE system motor and all.
D&D said they would contact FSIP and look into the problem for me.

What a giant head F*ck, not easy dealing between the 2 paties from the other side of the world
Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #9
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post

I've seen you post this in a few discussions. But have yet to provide any kind of diagram. The alltrax in a drive Conversion you speak of.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I've seen you post this in a few discussions. But have yet to provide any kind of diagram. The alltrax in a drive Conversion you speak of.
Please dont be mad because i figured out how to do something thats not supposed to work, and now make money doing it. Sure, i am a little reluctant to tell everyone how to do something that i made and make a living doing. I designed it, did my homework, tested it ect. If i could make it "plug-n-play" (getting the plug is a problem), i would already have had it in full-scale production. You can always wait a little bit and buy a plug-n-play one from alltrax.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha