lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
DBRZ34
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G22 radio mounting ideas

I have a G22 and want a radio, I bought a marine radio to install and am thinking about installing the 2 - 6.5" speakers under the seat facing forward and I really don't wanna buy a roof top console to mount the receiver. My question is have any of you mounted a radio in the console without buying add ons such as radio consoles etc.
DBRZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 radio mounting ideas

There are some threads on mounting a head unit in the console. I've never done it but if mounting it overhead is still an option then you might want to read this thread on low cost overhead tunes in a 08 Yamaha Drive. I think it came out pretty good...just an idea.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...ead-tunes.html
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

here's a couple of pics what i done on my G22 and it sounds great,the reciever is on the left side where the little cubby hole used to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg train and motorcycle trip 138.JPG (156.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg train and motorcycle trip 137.JPG (102.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shelby bird 003.JPG (132.7 KB, 0 views)
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Sorry no pictures, but in the past we would install the stereo head just above the key switch area. Unfortunitly, you would lose the 2 inner drink holders, beacause they would be cut off and plated. Shure was a nice look though. Yea, speaker placement is not the best at the back of your legs though Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Sorry no pictures, but in the past we would install the stereo head just above the key switch area. Unfortunitly, you would lose the 2 inner drink holders, beacause they would be cut off and plated. Shure was a nice look though. Yea, speaker placement is not the best at the back of your legs though Good luck
yea i do agree but i think its a clean look and driving them with a semi powerful head unit it is loud if you want it to be with no vibration and distortion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new wheels and tires 001.JPG (164.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
DBRZ34
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk4jmk View Post
here's a couple of pics what i done on my G22 and it sounds great,the reciever is on the left side where the little cubby hole used to be.
What did u use to mount the receiver in? I see it's black but can't tell what it is exactly. This was what I had in mind, the way you have done it here.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
DBRZ34
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
There are some threads on mounting a head unit in the console. I've never done it but if mounting it overhead is still an option then you might want to read this thread on low cost overhead tunes in a 08 Yamaha Drive. I think it came out pretty good...just an idea.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...ead-tunes.html
This is so impressive, I appreciate you sharing it with me.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBRZ34 View Post
This is so impressive, I appreciate you sharing it with me.
it is a piece of black lexan i think is what it is you can get at any car sterio business.it covers the little space but you still have your cupholders
Old 07-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #9
waterford5301
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Have you thought of just adding a 3.5mm Aux port and hook it up to some speakers via a small amp. Since most people now a days have either a smart phone, ipod, mp3 player or something that plays music you can have your entire playlist, radio etc. at the touch of your fingers through your device. That way no radio hardware on the cart to steal and an inexpensive alternative.

You can see the aux port here (even has a cover to prevent issues with weather) and the small amp in the glovebox (the amp also drives a subwoofer under the hood)!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...p-glovebox.jpg
waterford5301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha