lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2008 G29 Upgrades

Hello, first post after lurking here for a while perusing the vast amount of information offered. Started out wanting a club car 850. Hard to find.. Then could not decide on gas or electric. Electric won out and have it narrowed down to 2008 G29 or club car DS. Strongly concidering the yamaha and installing the 6" jakes long travel, tires and wheels. Are the controlers available and do they just plug in? Will use mainly off road on a variety of terrain.
Checking the axel tag tomorrow for white.
Anyone ever tipped one of these things over?
Thanks to all those that have helpped imensley!
wannabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 G29 Upgrades

There is not currently plug-n-play controllers, but pics of pre-production models of the new alltrax are floating around. They will be plug-n-play.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thamks cgtech, you've been emensly hepful in my search. Going to take another look tomorrow night and hope it doesn't have a white axel tag.. pretty excited
Old 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have the 3" Jakes and 12" wheels with 22" tires. It does feel a bit tippy when cornering too fast, but have not had any problem so far. I think the 3" lift is plenty for this cart.
My opinion
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well after a lot of deliberation decided on the Jakes long travel with 22 10 10 tires. Got some pretty hilly terrain and want good stability. Going to be interesting. More of a work cart we are shooting for.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
golferjw1
Not Yet Wild

I started really researching possible upgrades myself. Alltrax is saying a 300, 400 and 500A model should be available the end of this year which will be plug and play. FSIP makes a 500A Curtis controller conversion they currently offer which isn't exactly plug and play, but they state it is fairly simple to install.

I have also had a hard time finding a high torque motor. Any leads would be great.
golferjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The controller is definitely in the future but im almost glad they aren't available yet. Have my hands full with a complete tear down to clean up the frame where the batteries froze and made quite a mess. The worst of the damage is a completly corroded off battery hold down rod and the frame "wing's" half gone.. what a job to get the plastic pan up. Going to replace the frame structures by welding on new and start getting this thing back together. Got to procure some of those plastic rivits..
Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The advantage of the alltrax over the (currently available) curtis is this: YOU can install new field maps to accomidate many, many different sepex motors. The Curtis controller can only be reprogrammed with new field maps by curtis. I hear that the new alltrax will have many built-in.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #9
wannabass
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, getting pretty excited now. Lift kit came today, got the 22 x 10 x 10 swamp fox tires last week. Welded on the new battery tray supports tonight and got a coat of epoxy paint on the frame to dry. Lot of work to get done in the next couple days. With any luck the rear flip seat will arrive by friday and we'll be crusin soon!
Seems like one of the best additions now would be a digital battery gauge to keep an eye on the fuel system..
Seems like a stupid question but does anyone know if it is ok to put acid back in the batteries once it is taken out? They were overfilled when I got the cart and sucked out two pints in clean container. Dont really know what else to do with it if not..
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #10
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So the drive has been around since 2007 and there are no controller upgrades for it yet? None? Seems someone here should have converted to an Alltrax DCX by now.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controler, lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha