lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #11
newb24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New Yamaha 2010 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Hey, yours looks exactly like my 2010 I got 3 days ago. Here it is straight off the course. I have since gave it a good cleaning.
I'm disappointed in Yamaha with those front plastic/rubber stickers that look cheesy and fall off so easily. Mine is 3/4 off and yours is completley off. sad they put the holes in there for a real emblem but stick on some rubber P.O.S!

Keep me updated on what tires you go with, got me curious and jealous!
newb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #12
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought a real front emblem off eBay for $15. It has posts with push nuts on the back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141388911593
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The new ones used on current models are not the "rubber sticker" type, and fit all YDR bodies. I like them better too, they dont get dirt under the glue and come off/look terrible.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #14
newb24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Y'all think I've dropped over off the planet?

I'm still here just not much value add to some of the threads and certainly not doing much on the cart lately.

A few things though:

1. I installed a battery volt meter, at full charge the reading was at 52.4. I need to learn what the meter is telling me at different times (at rest, flat road, incline etc). I would take a photo of the install but I let the roto zip get a way from me and it looks terrible

2. I'm in the market for wheels this winter, trying to decide on some 10" full size tires and some 12" low profile tires. A majority of my driving is on asphalt hills but I do forsee a day when i will play 9 holes of golf periodically in the cart. Heard that the 10" tire will be smoother ride, but those 12" rims look awfully sweet

3. I'm stripping this thing down this winter and repainting the frame, replacing the worn rear suspension and seeing what else I can get into (see next comment)

4. My local dealer is selling full body replacement with light kits for $570, seems like a decent deal, going to see if there is anything else on-line. Wife and boys are fighting about colors, one thought is to do a Mario Kart theme, wife wants just a basic color

just thought I'd stop lurking for a few minutes and post! I'm sure once I get it torn apart, I will have a million questions.

Thanks for all the feedback and intel you guy put out on this website, sure is a lifesaver
Old 04-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #15
newb24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So it was too cold this winter to do anything so I just got started but now I'm torn on what to do with the cart....

I did some more digging and it appears the new bodies are not factory original but they are vortex bodies....good choice of colors but I'm not sure I dig the change in body style and lights! Anyone have any opinions or experience?

I'm in the market for tires, saw some on the classified ads but they are in Indiana, anyone know any good/cheap freight carriers to use for shipping tires?

I had to sawsall the sunroof brackets off the front and back, I snapped off the tack welds, even after I put wd40 on them. Considering not even putting the sunroof back on right away but with dashboard off, pretty easy to put back in with some lock nuts.

I'm having good success with the black spray paint on the plastic, but I'm not sure what to do with the floor mat, I don' think that paint will hold up very well, I'm thinking that is a full replace.

I broke a ton of the pop rivets, I'm going to have to buy a ton of those in all sizes.

I need to see if I can't replace the rear springs, I'm hoping I don't need to replace front ones as well, I need a new bottom seat and need to clean, wirebrush and repaint some of the underbody.

so pending on money and time, do I want to put in a whole new dash with locking compartments, ss sleeve on the steering wheel, sound system, any other cool things I find at the local store or on line, I think rear seat arm rests with beverage holders is a must
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1110.jpg (193.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-19-2015, 04:46 PM   #16
simsconstruct
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am new yamaha owner as well signed up today to forum. Did u say there was a 7 day waiting period before i can post questions? maybe i missed something
simsconstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #17
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I believe it is for uploading pictures.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #18
Mayor of G Vegas
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looks like my fresh off the course Drive too! This is my second Drive love them ! Here's a few progress pics of my drive.... Amazing the difference a few weeks can make .... - Mayor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yam2.jpg (120.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yam1.jpg (122.7 KB, 0 views)
Mayor of G Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #19
newb24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of G Vegas View Post
Looks like my fresh off the course Drive too! This is my second Drive love them ! Here's a few progress pics of my drive.... Amazing the difference a few weeks can make .... - Mayor
i'm assuming that is a 6" lift?

looks great and what an inspiration, if only the funds supported the dreams!
Old 04-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #20
newb24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So I'm getting around to really getting this thing back in tip top shape and I came across this today....see attached, sorry image shack wants me to pay for service now.

Should I be overly concerned?

my plan is to get it down to bare metal and then paint, but not much structure left.

What exactly does this support?

The other good news is my local shop is going to take my rear shock asorber assembly and upgrade them to heavy duty for $80 bucks so that should fix my lean problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1129.jpg (195.8 KB, 0 views)

Tags
48v, stock
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha