lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #21
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Loose G1 belt?

see how it's wide open and the belt was riding at the very bottom from the start? that explains why i was able to give it gas for a while before it took off with a sudden jerk and screech. as soon as the puller comes in i'll take it apart and clean it all up. i know the fixed sheave can be freed up with the puller but how do i 'unstick' the movable sheave?
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 PM   #22
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
i know the fixed sheave can be freed up with the puller but how do i 'unstick' the movable sheave?
I'm not really sure how you should go about it.....maybe start tapping on it with a rubber mallet and see if it loosens it any.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #23
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field6565 View Post
I'm not really sure how you should go about it.....maybe start tapping on it with a rubber mallet and see if it loosens it any.
I guess I'll see where it's at once I have the outside one removed.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #24
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got it off. The puller was worth every penny as I have no idea how this would have come off without it and the impact. There was a definite POP! when it broke loose. Then it was up to the moveable sheave. It was frozen on it good. I sprayed the crap out of it and then used a big hammer and 2x4 to push it all the way in and compress the spring but it would not come back out. It took more spray and my dad turning the wheel while I tapped it with the hammer from the other side to finally free it up. It was rusted to all hell. Now I just have to get some Emory cloth and clean the rust off from the shaft and from inside of the sheaves and it'll all go back together. The spring looks good and feels like it has plenty spring left. So far this has been really fun and educational. I'm excited about getting this thing running the way it should.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #25
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Got it off. The puller was worth every penny as I have no idea how this would have come off without it and the impact. There was a definite POP! when it broke loose. Then it was up to the moveable sheave. It was frozen on it good. I sprayed the crap out of it and then used a big hammer and 2x4 to push it all the way in and compress the spring but it would not come back out. It took more spray and my dad turning the wheel while I tapped it with the hammer from the other side to finally free it up. It was rusted to all hell. Now I just have to get some Emory cloth and clean the rust off from the shaft and from inside of the sheaves and it'll all go back together. The spring looks good and feels like it has plenty spring left. So far this has been really fun and educational. I'm excited about getting this thing running the way it should.
Glad to hear you got it off. Now get it cleaned up and back together. Good luck with it....
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:49 AM   #26
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

All squeaky clean, just got the new ramps in and will grease it up and throw it all back together tomorrow along with the BBQ'd muffler. I'm going to see how it runs with the stock spring. It should be MUCH better now that the clutch will actually move.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #27
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well it took a few hours banging out the muffler and cleaning it out, trying to out the sheaves back on compressing the spring etc all by myself, looking for lost bolts and finally getting it back on the ground and wow. What a difference. No more jerk and squeal when it takes off and boy does it have some get up and go, even uphill. Inclines that I wouldn't even attempt before I'm able to fly right up. The three inch high concrete slab that I had to put a 2x4 in front of and get a running start to get up on, I can now get on from a stand still. This was a lot of fun and I learned a whole lot from you guys. Thank you all so much. I'm not done either. I think when I get some more time I'm going to clean up the carb, buy a new muffler and add some things here and there. Headlights, mirror and switch come in today and in the next couple of weeks I'm going to build and mount an audio tube on it.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #28
Runningrough
Not Yet Wild

Awesome, good job.
Runningrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha