lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #1
hertge
Not Yet Wild

Default usb charger

I want to add a usb charger to my dash. I want the key to turn it on could I attach positive to the key and the ground to the reverse horn alarm?
hertge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: usb charger

You could do that, just dont try using that circuit for any high amp stuff, like a actual lighter or heater. It would only be OK for low amp stuff, like a phone charger.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hertge I installed a dual marine rated outlet in my dash that has both a 12V and a dual USB power outlet. Because I didn’t want to draw too much power off the ignition switch I ran 10ga stranded copper up to under the cup holder in the center of the dash and installed a fuse block. The cup holder is easily removable with just one fastener. The duel outlets are fused separately and this allowed me to install an off switch in the dash to turn off the USB outlet to prevent any power drain. Good Luck.

Robert

Amazon.com: Dual USB Charger and Socket Blue Panel Mount Sea Marine 12 Volt Motorcycle Boat Rv Truck Plug Power Outlet #Ycn8/cr/cykd/tplt/4sq: Automotive Amazon.com: Dual USB Charger and Socket Blue Panel Mount Sea Marine 12 Volt Motorcycle Boat Rv Truck Plug Power Outlet #Ycn8/cr/cykd/tplt/4sq: Automotive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash 1.JPG (59.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by LimitedEdition; 01-22-2016 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Adding Picture
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #4
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think that anyone that plans to install accessory electronics to their cart should install a fuse block somewhere close to the dash area. It makes it so much easier when you get ready to install items such as this one.

I use relays with items that use a lot of power so that I can regulate them. That way when I forget to turn something off I don't have a draw from the battery. When the key is off, the power is off.

I wired my lights thru a relay and switch. I have an on/off pull switch for the lights but running thru the relay, if I forget too turn them off they do go off when I turn the key off.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha