lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
sweade
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G16 wont turn over after lift kit installed

Hubby installed lift kit and now it wont turn over. You hear a click when pressing the gas but nothing further. Before the lift we installed a new solenoid because it wouldnt start, at first it didn't work but then suddenly it started and run fine but we only used it once or twice before adding the lift. After the lift, we changed the relay switch but still nothing. Any ideas? This is a new cart for us. Only had it 1 month. BTW, I bought the relay switch used on ebay ? Could that be the problem ?

PLEASE HELP !
sweade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
Bubba75
My wife says I'm crazy...

Yamaha

I can't think of anything that would happen while installing a lift that would cause the cart to have issues. After the click is there anything else?

My suggestion would be to go to the stickies and follow the directions in "so your yami won't run "
Bubba75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 wont turn over after lift kit installed

Check brushes on the starter motor.may be worn? If so may want to check rest of starter over while your at it.unsure of your level of ability, there is a lot of info on here.Good luck .
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 wont turn over after lift kit installed

clean and tighten all electrical connections...grounds and starter/generator. I had a somewhat similar issue on my G16 and after I took the connections off of the S/G, cleaned and tightened them back down, I haven't had a problem since. Just soak em first in some PB Blaster or other penetrating oil then slowly worked them back and forth because some of them could be rusted and you don't want to snap a stud off.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha