lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
JeRKY
Not Yet Wild

Talking Valor TXT diamond plate shield advice?

Well I have ordered a 2017 electric blue EZGO Valor with a black brush guard. I am wanting to put yellow shock boots on so I want a shield in Black Diamond to protect the lower axle area without blocking the yellow shock boots just like the attached picture. My problem is that I cannot find this particular style online, does anyone know a source for this or is it probably a custom made item, if so, any recommendations of who I could contact to get one of these? Thanks to anyone who can help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9262735a5f0d01fe07edbac3588af0d7[1].jpg (69.8 KB, 0 views)
JeRKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Valor TXT diamond plate shield advice?

Congrats on the new ride! I bought my 2016 Valor about a year ago and really like it. Mine came with the polished diamond plate on the front. I really like the black one after seeing your picture. I was shopping a lot of parts last year doing some mods and have never seen the black one for sale. You got me even thinking of pulling mine off and having it powder coated black lol. Post back if you do find one in black!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3910.jpg (250.8 KB, 0 views)
Ajt725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:40 AM   #3
JeRKY
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: Valor TXT diamond plate shield advice?

Ajt: I really like your valor! Did you put the lift kit on yourself or did you buy it with the lift already on? I know they come factory lifted 2 inches and I really like what you did to yours. I like the diamond plate shield you have as well, it looks really sharp. The cart I ordered will be delivered to me next Tuesday and I am anxious to get it. I still am looking for a source for a low profile black diamond shock/axle protector. I can find ones that cover the whole shock, however the kid in me wants to put colored shock boots on the shocks so they can be seen above the plate. I had thought about just buying a small diamond plate piece thin enough to cut with a jig saw and then using some high heat intensity black paint, which I would think would adhere well to the metal. Anyway, thanks for the post!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks JeRKY! I ran the cart for one season and decided that I wanted it bigger lol. I added a 4" drop axel factory ezgo lift a few months ago (which will give you 6" combined with the original 2" lift). Then put some 23" tires on 14" rims. Pretty easy install. I see you are from KY. My cart lives at Lake Cumberland in the summer time.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #5
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

2015 Valor here. 4" lift in process (AJ has helped me out with that) I plan on making my own out of a piece of diamond plate, WAY cheaper.
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:24 PM   #6
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Post some pics up when ya get that lift installed Harley!
Old 01-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #7
JeRKY
Not Yet Wild

My cabin and where the cart will be is at Rough River Lake. My father and I go to Cumberland and Dale Hollow every year on 1 or 2 fishing trips. My 2 favorite lakes to fish! I still haven't had any luck finding my diamond plate piece so I am thinking about ordering an odd piece off ebay and just cutting it to fit.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Try a search for "Metalremnantsinc" on the 'Bay, they carry black powdercoated DP remnants in .063, easy to cut with a wheel or jigsaw and a lot less money than buying premade as a rule, I use them for the polished .063 we make replacement Workhorse bodies with

2007MPT_01.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
JeRKY
Not Yet Wild

thanks ill check it out!
Old 01-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #10
FF Titus
Gone Wild

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're looking for that style diamond plate front axle steering guard? If so, that's the same off the ST480 P/N 605642.

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Steering-Rack-Cover.html
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO