lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #1
Jayadams79
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 Bad Boy Buggie Ambush IS - Wiring Diagram

Looking for a complete wiring diagram or service manual for a 2016 Bad Boy Buggie Ambush IS. I want to hook a winch and a light bar to it and didnt know if i should just hook it up to the gas starter battery. There are a few leads coming from the front compartment not being used that show 12volts when the key is on the on position. I thought maybe i could use those for lights.. I have attached a photo. I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5700.jpg (210.4 KB, 0 views)
Jayadams79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Erle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 Bad Boy Buggie Ambush IS - Wiring Diagram

On my 2014 Ambush, I connected my winch wires across 2 8volt batteries under the seat, on the driver's end. Technician at Ez-Go shop said thats where he always connected a winch. I checked with Warn since it gives 16volts & they said it would be fine. I have had no problems. I wouldn't connect a winch to the wires you found as a winch will draw too much current.

It might work to connect a LED light bar to the connections you found, since a small LED light bar does not draw heavy current. However, If you have a very large light bar, I would definitely connect it directly to a battery.

I connected my light bar through a fuse directly to my 12volt starter battery. I figure that the motor will recharge that battery & I want to conserve as much energy as I can in my 48volts for the electric motor, since I do not get very much mileage when I run in electric mode.
Erle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
rmbow
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 Bad Boy Buggie Ambush IS - Wiring Diagram

I agree with hooking a LED light bar directly to the starting battery. That is exactly what I did and have had no issues at all. I likewise hooked a winch to the starting battery but have not had any occasion as yet to use it but testing it did not disclose any issue either. Hope that helps. Cheers.
rmbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts