lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
groove_e1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 2014 Express L6 (gas) not turning over...nada

It's been about 4 days since I last drove the cart...and it was working great. In fact never had an issue with it. Today, I turn the key, shift in reverse (hear the nice beeeeeeep), and when I put my foot on the gas pedal...absolutely nothing...no clicks, no noise....nothing at all. Same with shifting into forward. No noises at all. The lights work fine (second key position), and the beep didn't go away. This thing is babied. Not sure where to start since it's been such a great cart. Any advice?
I did check to see if anything moved when I pressed the gas pedal, and a there was a lever next to the jam nut on the choke cable that was moving. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

groove_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 Express L6 (gas) not turning over...nada

Put a meter on your battery posts. 12.75 volts is fully charged. Then, step on the pedal, and see how much the voltage drops. If it drops to 9.6 volts or less, your battery failed the load test.

Ideally, you don't want to see less than 11 volts while cranking.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
groove_e1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 Express L6 (gas) not turning over...nada

I'm embarrassed! Battery was bad. I'm glad that's all it was. Thanks for the help...greatly appreciated!
groove_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, ezgo, not starting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO