lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #1471
Rodge427
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Bob, I’m in Boca Grande, FL. Need some help with a 2021 RXV. Has a 1206ac-5231 controller and want to get it up to speed. Are you still in Florida?
Rodge427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2020, 05:23 AM   #1472
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge427 View Post
Bob, I’m in Boca Grande, FL. Need some help with a 2021 RXV. Has a 1206ac-5231 controller and want to get it up to speed. Are you still in Florida?
Yes I am, for a few more days. The 1206AC-5231 is not the best controller for the RXV if you are looking for top performance. There are worst, but not by much.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #1473
LoosaBuggies
Not Yet Wild

New to forum and wish my first post was under better circumstances! I have a 2018 RXV with a 1206AC-5231. I built a cable and was able to talk to it with 1314-4402 PC Programming Station in OEM mode. I currently have an issue thought that I need quick help on. I messed with the profiles, turned off reverse buzzer, and played with the PL Nominal Speed. Without messing with anything else, the cart started to engage the emergency brake (I think) when going forward or reverse. I can't find any setting that I did for that and I have tried to revert things but without success. Any help would be massively appreciated! Thanks!
LoosaBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:32 PM   #1474
LoosaBuggies
Not Yet Wild

So the issue 'went away' and now is back. I was able to drive it normally and then I put it in the garage. I told my daughter it was ready and when she put it in reverse she got the same issue: stuttering like the emergency brake was enabled then it locks up. Please help, thanks!
Old 12-05-2020, 08:26 PM   #1475
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoosaBuggies View Post
So the issue 'went away' and now is back. I was able to drive it normally and then I put it in the garage. I told my daughter it was ready and when she put it in reverse she got the same issue: stuttering like the emergency brake was enabled then it locks up. Please help, thanks!
You did the number one thing that is never to be done... Going in there and changing parameters without understanding how they will interact with the vehicle control language. Your only solution now is to reflash your controller back to stock parameters. I hope you had the foresight to save your settings prior to changing things. Even then, if your changes caused the controller to corrupt itself (which sounds like it did), even setting it back to your stock parameters will not fix it. It would require a total reset back to blank, and a reflash back to a factory original compiled OS/VCL file. Only authorized personell can download those from Curtis.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #1476
LoosaBuggies
Not Yet Wild

After reading all the threads you would think I would have known better! That being said, can you message me to give me a hand? Thanks
Old 12-05-2020, 10:05 PM   #1477
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoosaBuggies View Post
After reading all the threads you would think I would have known better! That being said, can you message me to give me a hand? Thanks
I'm on a trip. In Florida, heading out for the Atlanta area tonight. Will stop to program a couple in that area tomorrow, then head on home after.

Nighters
Old 12-05-2020, 10:07 PM   #1478
LoosaBuggies
Not Yet Wild

Sounds good, safe travels! At least I can sit back and watch Alabama beat the fire out of LSU tonight!
Old 12-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #1479
LoosaBuggies
Not Yet Wild

I was able to figure out developer mode this morning and fix my issues. At first I wasn't sure I had it due to the blank Access Level designation but the on/off for Freedom Mode confirmed it. It would be great if the 'reset' controller option were available at all levels. While I think it only restarts the controller, it is nice to have so you don't have to key flip for a reset and the controller can restart properly. I parallel this to letting Windows shutdown rather than pressing the power button on the PC. If things aren't in a safe state OS wise, things can get messy. I am sure the programmer software makes changes instantly though, but I like the piece of mind of having the controller restart itself.

I would love to chat with you soon though about optimal values for certain categories based on your extensive experience!
Old 12-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #1480
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Software changes look like they are immediate but are only in high level memory until the controller stores it in low level. If you haven’t made a backup of the settings do so now. When you make changes sometimes the parameters will appear red noting they have changed. For it to store them turn the key to off and wait at least 10 seconds. Also may just be me but I always turn the key off, shut down the software then use windows to shut down the machine. Then I disconnect the cables.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts